I just finished kegging my first 5 gallon extract batch. It was the AHS Bavarian Hefewiezen with LME, and white labs liquid yeast.
Throughout the entire process I strictly adhered to the instructions from the initial grain steeping to the time i put it in the primary. Today was day 16 in the primary and I kegged into a five gallon corny.
I drew a sample from the last bit that wouldn't fit in the keg, and I am trying to be optimistic about the beer I created but it is just not good. Obviously it has not carbed yet so the mouth feel is "watery" as my wife put it. I'm hoping the taste that I got was just due to excess yeast from the bottom of the primary that the siphon was picking up as well as it just being young. The thing that scares me about the yeast is that this is a wheat beer so it should have some yeast suspended in it when it pours.
I added 1/2 a cup of priming sugar and will let it naturally carb for 2+ weeks. Hopefully by the time it is carbed it has lost the flavor I tasted today.
The smell was amazing so that is what is keeping me hopeful.