Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Re-configuration.......

Old 12-01-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
Beermaker
The NAVY WALRUS
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Re-configuration.......

Well, today I depressured all 8 of the kegs in my cooler, built a 24" long 1/4" tuing to a pin lock valve and a tap, and tested all the belgian stuff. I left a little pressure to get 1/2 a glass from each keg. Man are those beers good. Clearing up nice, and pretty damn close to the originals. I am in the process of building 11 more taps just like the other, so I can have a tap for each keg, and beer ready at my finger tips. I keep the cooler at 45 degrees. I then went back and put 15 psi CO2 on each keg and shook it for a few minutes. At this temp and pressure I should achievve about 2.2-2.7 units of CO2 per keg. I had put 30 psi on them and forced them, but I think I over did it. I dont think I will have any probs with re-carbonation now. I hope not anyway, these suckers are going to Vail for competition. I will be trying my new Beer Gun, that will arrive tomorrow I think. Cant wait to try to bottle with it, supposed to make things much faster and easier. Should I keep the kegs closer to sub 40 temps? Or is 45 ok for storage?

On taps 1,2&3: Una Mas Cerveza, Ham in a Can, IPA
Primary: XINGU Clone, Rye P.A.
2ndary: Low Gluten IPA, Bourbon Oak Aged Vanilla Porter
Kegged: Sh*tty Orange Hefe, Una Mas Cerveza, Smokin Hot Blonde, Belgian Dubbel
Next up: Una Mas Cerveza, Pecan Pie

Old 12-01-2005, 01:45 AM   #2
Sir Sudster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

They will clear better at colder temps. I'll keep some of mine at 34F for a month or two and then raise the temp for serving temps.