Suggestions on Simple brew stand Build - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Suggestions on Simple brew stand Build

Old 03-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Liked 50 Times on 24 Posts

I am tired of lifting and moving all my pots and cooler for my all grain brewing process. What would be my least expensive route to go to build a 3 tier or 2 teir system. I probably would want to build it out of wood. I really dont know. is there a cheap way to use steel? im a major cheapo so.....i need a cheap way to do this.

i have 9 gallon brew pot and one 7 gallon alluminum turkey fryer pot my wife got me for christmas. i figured i would use it for the HLT. maybe i could put a weldless ball valve on it. im guessing i would need another burner. i have a SQ14 burner. would it be best to hook 2 urners up together? and....how? parts?

Anyone have a detailed way for the cheapest coolest brew stand? Thanks all for the help ahead of time

Ęgir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ęgir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Joliet, IL
Liked 1113 Times on 586 Posts

Yeah, there's cheap ways of making a steel stand. Go to a recycling place and buy stuff from them. Bed frames have been used successfully in the past to make decent brew stands.

FalconsBrew Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
anderson0196
Recipes 

Jan 2013

Check out the threads on pre drilled angle iron and strut builds....some cool setups. Cheap is a relative term, but there are some decent stands in the $150 range.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
swem
Recipes 

Apr 2011
minot, ND
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Amazon has a two tier stand by "king cooker" I believe and it's like 160 bucks. I think I'm going to go that route until I build an e system in my basement

Old 03-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #5
LuiInIdaho
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Ponderay, Idaho
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmcogar
I am tired of lifting and moving all my pots and cooler for my all grain brewing process. What would be my least expensive route to go to build a 3 tier or 2 teir system. I probably would want to build it out of wood. I really dont know. is there a cheap way to use steel? im a major cheapo so.....i need a cheap way to do this.

i have 9 gallon brew pot and one 7 gallon alluminum turkey fryer pot my wife got me for christmas. i figured i would use it for the HLT. maybe i could put a weldless ball valve on it. im guessing i would need another burner. i have a SQ14 burner. would it be best to hook 2 urners up together? and....how? parts?

Anyone have a detailed way for the cheapest coolest brew stand? Thanks all for the help ahead of time
I now have a two tier stand that I built this winter using uni strut. It is here, Post No 194.
Before I had the stand I used a six foot aluminum ladder for my stand. I fashioned an inexpensive wood platform made out of 2x4s with plywood across the 2x4 for a shelf. The shelf sat on a step and under the brace on the other legs. I set the mash tun on this.

I also used a Blichmann Burner with the longer legs. My boil kettle went on that. I had a second Camp Chef burner that held the HLT.

I knew that this would not be a permanent solution, but it worked well for a couple of years. And best of all, I had most of the materials.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2716846448.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	104405