It's been sometime since I have brewed and I am getting back into it. Can someone review my technique and make sure I am not missing any critcal steps. Improvements would be gladly accepted.....
I'm making and American Wheat in my return batch
( Proper Sanitation of all tools assumed)
1) Boiling ingredients in 2 gallons of waterf or 45 minutes at approx 170 degrees
2) Put addional 3 gallons of water in primary fermented ( 6.5 gallon plastic bucket)
3) Transfer boiled contents to primary fermenter
4) Wait until Boiled mixture cools to 90 degrees or below
5) add yeast, seal bucket with blow-off tube to seperate bucket
6) Monitor first fermentation for activity. When setlled transfer/ strain to secondary fermentation container (5 gallon glass carboy)
7)Seal carboy with a water/gas lock. Monitor for bubbles 4-10 days
8) When bubbles subside ( less then 3 per minute?) trasnfer to bottling bucket
9) Add primary sugars and bottle
10) store bottles for 4-8 weeks tasting often
I feel like I am missing a crucial step here. It's been four years since I have made a home brew. Techniques? Tips? Suggestions? Anything to help a confused home brewer would be much aprecaited.