NHC competition - can't register, server slammed? - Page 40 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > NHC competition - can't register, server slammed?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #391
Denny
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2005
Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,867
Liked 678 Times on 487 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
I'd love to, but I just spend the last 15 minutes trying to register and log on to the AHA forum, before giving up. Seems to be as buggy as the actual NHC registration. Tried using both Firefox and IE and will not work with either.
I'm the admin there. PM here about your problems and I'll take care of it.
__________________
Life begins at 60....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

http://www.experimentalbrew.com - "Homebrew All Stars" now shipping!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Guys, with all due respect, this conversation is circular....you're all discussing ideas that won't go anywhere just talking about them here.
This forum is a great place to bounce ideas around that can be vetted by our peers then taken to the AHA for consideration. Let's not try to stifle discussion or debate.
__________________
2012 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2013 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2015 Canadian Brewer of the Year

@evilgoatbrewing

mjdonnelly68 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #393
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
mjdonnelly68's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Glenmont, NY
Posts: 1,296
Liked 170 Times on 119 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by osagedr View Post
This forum is a great place to bounce ideas around that can be vetted by our peers then taken to the AHA for consideration. Let's not try to stifle discussion or debate.
Have to agree Denny. The AHA wants the homebrew community to come to them when they should be going to the homebrew community.

Again I appreciate how difficult explosive growth can be to manage, but right now the AHA seems to stand for Annoying Hassles Always. Not a great way to encourage and nurture involvement.
__________________
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Francis Albert Sinatra

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #394
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
AnOldUR's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
, New Jersey
Posts: 6,888
Liked 847 Times on 612 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdonnelly68 View Post
The AHA wants the homebrew community to come to them when they should be going to the homebrew community.
Well, since Denny, an admin there, is reading this thread, it makes me think that they are going to other places in the homebrew community looking for suggestions and ideas. Nothing wrong with him pointing us in a direction that might be more effective.

Chriso Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #395
BrewKnurd
 
BrewKnurd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Prairieville, LA
Posts: 2,763
Liked 245 Times on 203 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by osagedr View Post

This forum is a great place to bounce ideas around that can be vetted by our peers then taken to the AHA for consideration. Let's not try to stifle discussion or debate.
I don't think he was trying to stifle conversation, just pointing out that there's a way to get ideas to the decision makers, and this forum ain't it.

I mean, it's like the debate forum in a way. Nothing will come directly from anything that's said here.
__________________
Fake it til you make it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewKnurd View Post
I don't think he was trying to stifle conversation, just pointing out that there's a way to get ideas to the decision makers, and this forum ain't it.

I mean, it's like the debate forum in a way. Nothing will come directly from anything that's said here.
The things that are kicked around here hopefully will lead to some good ideas being taken to the AHA.

The point is that discouraging discussion of ideas here is not cool.
__________________
2012 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2013 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2015 Canadian Brewer of the Year

@evilgoatbrewing

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #397
BrewKnurd
 
BrewKnurd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Prairieville, LA
Posts: 2,763
Liked 245 Times on 203 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by osagedr View Post
The things that are kicked around here hopefully will lead to some good ideas being taken to the AHA.
Right, and Denny just pointed out that you can cut out the middle man by kicking those ideas around on the AHA forum. In other words, you can discuss it here and hope it makes it to the AHA at some point, or you can just take it to the AHA from the start and ensure that it does. No hope required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osagedr View Post
The point is that discouraging discussion of ideas here is not cool.
I agree with that, I just don't agree that that's what Denny was doing. He was just pointing out that all you're doing here is talking amongst yourselves. He didn't say don't do it.

Anyways, bottom line is everyone should feel free to discuss this wherever and with whomever they prefer.
__________________
Fake it til you make it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewKnurd View Post
Right, and Denny just pointed out that you can cut out the middle man by kicking those ideas around on the AHA forum. In other words, you can discuss it here and hope it makes it to the AHA at some point, or you can just take it to the AHA from the start and ensure that it does. No hope required.
Sounds perfectly reasonable, let's all not talk about something here and go out and sign up for another forum and talk about it there! What an epiphany!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewKnurd View Post
, I just don't agree that that's what Denny was doing. He was just pointing out that all you're doing here is talking amongst yourselves. He didn't say don't do it.
To me and others it appeared to be discouraging debate. You saw it differently; good for you.

It's a discussion forum. People will discuss stuff, even if *horror of horrors* it doesn't lead to anything.
__________________
2012 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2013 Canadian Brewer of the Year
2015 Canadian Brewer of the Year

@evilgoatbrewing

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #399
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Chriso's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Posts: 4,681
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts


Well, I certainly didn't interpret it as 'discouraging debate' - he simply told us the proper channel to discuss it with them.

I think the whole situation has brought out the worst in a lot of folks. There needs to be some RDW'ing and also some HAHB'ing.
__________________
BROKEN ROBOT BREWING CO.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #400
Denny
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2005
Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,867
Liked 678 Times on 487 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewKnurd View Post
I don't think he was trying to stifle conversation, just pointing out that there's a way to get ideas to the decision makers, and this forum ain't it.

I mean, it's like the debate forum in a way. Nothing will come directly from anything that's said here.

Absolutely correct. Discuss and debate away here. But posting to the AHA forum will get your concerns and ideas directly in front of the people who can do something about them.
__________________
Life begins at 60....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

http://www.experimentalbrew.com - "Homebrew All Stars" now shipping!

Chriso Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a way to register your brewery name? GreenDragon Label Display & Discussion 7 11-23-2013 04:28 AM
How to register a brewing co. name? biggrizzly Label Display & Discussion 3 01-15-2012 09:48 PM
Slammed my thumb in the car door Fusorfodder Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 10 11-04-2010 08:50 PM


Forum Jump