Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Caribbean "Eggnog" made with beer - a quick recipe for y'all
Old 02-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Caribbean "Eggnog" made with beer - a quick recipe for y'all

My wife's mother is from Grenada. When my wife sipped an Oatmeal Stout Porter I made, she said, "It tastes like beer." (She's not a beer drinker.) Then, she asked if she could make eggnog with it. It's a Caribbean beverage of choice I've observed and enjoyed from Trinidadian, and Grenadian gatherings all winter long. I even saw a Jamaican gentleman bring some to a tennis match.

For each 12-ounce can or bottle of dark ale like a Guinness Stout or Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter add 4-6 ounces of sweetened, condensed milk, zest of one lime and (optional) one raw egg. Whip it up in a blender and serve over ice.

Blasphemy, right? It's pretty good, though, and a great winter party drink to make and keep in a pitcher. Just thought I'd share.

PS Lord a'mighty, making your own Stouts and Porters is one of the best things about homebrew. Easy to brew, forgiving, and a fraction of the cost of a 4-pack of Guinness, much less the better stouts and Porters...

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Liked 320 Times on 276 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Sounds delicious. I may have to try this, but sadly, no dark beer on tap right now!
I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com
Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Liked 125 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 60

That is one interesting beverage, sounds good.. I've got a coffee stout in secondary, wonder if that would work?
"BEER...the other white meat"