National Homebrew Day Giveaway - Enter Now - Weekend Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Starting my E-Herms build

Old 02-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
newtstampede
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Starting my E-Herms build

Took the plunge and started the process of ordering all the parts for my E brewery build. Took a little from Kal and did a bunch of research, found the wiring schematic im going to use from PJ, planned, priced, and everything is ordered.

Should have some fittings and pumps from Brewhardware, bunch of stuff from Amazon, McMaster Carr, and the panel and controls from Auber.

Ran into one slight problem.....The new fedex guy decided to leave the package from Auber outside my door in a shared apartment stairwell, instead of leaving it at the apartment office. That didnt last the 2 hours from the time it was delivered to the time I got home from work. Now i have all these parts and I am missing the brain to put it all together.

I will keep this updated as everything progresses.....hopefully a little smoother once I get this part sorted out.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
newtstampede
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Just picked up the order from Brewers Hardware and a few from amazon. I should have all my fittings and I cant start with the most gut wrenching part....Punching holes in my Blichmann kettles.

Still waiting on hearing back from FedEx and Auber on the stolen box. They said I will have to wait for another few more days for them to investigate due to the snowstorm.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	103292  

Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
newtstampede
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

More stuff came in the mail today
Also talked to FedEx again, they have decided that the package is lost and will be working with Auber to send out another box. This time with signature confirmation!
Still waiting on a few more pieces to come in before I can finally start my build.

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	103819  

Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
newtstampede
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Another update from Auber...
Quote:
Hi Michael,

After talking to the manager, here is our proposal: we can reship you everything at cost of $73 in total (this includes our share of the loss and cost of the items without any profit from the original order). I just sent you an invoice, which you can pay directly online with credit card or paypal account. Please let me know if this works for you.
This is after that FedEx had approved a claim between them for the replacement cost of the items plus shipping. I know a few of you guys on here deal with Fedex often enough. Does this sound a bit sketchy?

I am almost tempted to call my bank and put in a claim with them against the original order and look somewhere else for these parts.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
P-J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 291 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Please tread easy and don't go overboard. Please. I do not think that Auber Instruments is getting the full story about the situation. I firmly believe that they are offering a compromise deal so that you can get your parts not knowing the story of what happened.

Once this whole thing is ironed out with the Fedex claim, they should be contacting Auber on your behalf for a full reorder. Fedex screwed up - Not you and Not Auber Instruments.

I also live in an apartment complex. Some deliveries can be a real nightmare. The US Post Office certainly knows how to handle mail that cannot be personally delivered. All bets are off on a lot of other vendors.

Just saying...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
cheez
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtstampede View Post
Another update from Auber...

This is after that FedEx had approved a claim between them for the replacement cost of the items plus shipping. I know a few of you guys on here deal with Fedex often enough. Does this sound a bit sketchy?

I am almost tempted to call my bank and put in a claim with them against the original order and look somewhere else for these parts.
You shouldn't have to pay a dime extra in my opinion. If you paid with a credit card just call them up and tell them to cancel payment. I'm going to be placing a large order with Auber soon and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck in getting this resolved.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
P-J
Recipes 

By the way, You might want to call the owner of Auber Instruments and talk it out with him.

Suyi Liu
Auber Instruments
www.auberins.com
770-569-8420

He is a very knowageble business man and will do what ever it takes to help. He just needs to fully understand what happened and that Fedex is responsible. They messed up.!!
newtstampede Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
newtstampede
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
By the way, You might want to call the owner of Auber Instruments and talk it out with him.

Suyi Liu
Auber Instruments
www.auberins.com
770-569-8420

He is a very knowageble business man and will do what ever it takes to help. He just needs to fully understand what happened and that Fedex is responsible. They messed up.!!
Thanks PJ. They are getting ahold of Fedex and finding out the details regarding a claim and will get back to me. I will update as this continues to unfold. Right now im trying to figure out how to rig up a wireless security camera through the peephole in the door to catch the person in the act. I have a few rather large orders getting ready to ship.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
P-J
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtstampede View Post
Thanks PJ. They are getting ahold of Fedex and finding out the details regarding a claim and will get back to me. I will update as this continues to unfold. Right now im trying to figure out how to rig up a wireless security camera through the peephole in the door to catch the person in the act. I have a few rather large orders getting ready to ship.
You are very welcome. I've been dealing with Auberins for many years. IMHO? They are outstanding.!

Great idea for the camera. I like it. Just mount it high pointing down to your entry area. (Or low and way off to the side so that it's not very noticeable.

Ha - but - then the b'tards will steal the camera.. (Anyway, that would be my luck.)

Wishing you the very best.

Paul

Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
newtstampede
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Got it mounted. I don't care if they steal the camera, my computer is the place where the video is being stored. Maybe I can rely on my guard dog (see below) to scare him off......or maybe trick him into petting the cute puppy until i get home.

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	501
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	103854