170,000 BTU burner vrs 32,000 BTU, how do you tell difference??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakedawgs

Reaction score
A buddy gave me what he said was a 170,000 BTU burner but it looks like the 32,000 BTU burner on my cheap turkey fryer. Is there a quick way to tell if this is a high output burner? I have not used it yet.
THANKS

A buddy gave me what he said was a 170,000 BTU burner but it looks like the 32,000 BTU burner on my cheap turkey fryer. Is there a quick way to tell if this is a high output burner? I have not used it yet.
THANKS

Does the regulator have any PSI rating markings? 10psi and more than likely you're around the 40k mark. 40psi you're probably around the 200k mark.

Did not come with a regulator. BUT, I noticed in the pic, the burner 'stem' is offset from the part where the flame comes out. Is that the difference? A low power burner the stem hits the round part in the middle and the high power burner the stem hits the round part offset?

Back