Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Winter is gone

Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #41
cheesehed007
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaworm69

There a lot of taverns around WI that sell these things. I pulled this one from a facebook friend, unsure of where exactly this is. But there are bloody mary buffets all over. We have a bar here in my hometown that makes them with a minimum of 8 ingredients and are less than 5 bucks a pop. I'm not a vodka fan, but this would be a great way to start a Sunday while on vacation!
That bloody if from Soblemans pub and grill in Millwaukee.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #42
turvis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

Being a Texas native and no stranger to the heat light sasion's are great for hot weather I am about to keg a 5% honey sasion for Texas independence day. If you don't get to crazy with the funk with them you can please plenty of BMC drinkers.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #43
cluckk
Recipes 

Liked 356 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I'm working on a batch of recipes inspired by and named for the heroes of Texas Independence. Next year I may try to have a batch for each to have people over to celebrate. I already have two: an ale based loosely on the recipe for sourmash whiskey named for Crockett; a Foreign Extra Stout with Brett C and Oak named for Jim Bowie. I'm trying to come up with the right recipe for Travis (probably a bitter) and one for Houston (perhaps a bourbon infused porter).

Old 02-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #44
cluckk
Recipes 

Liked 356 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I'd also like to come up with one for Emily Morgan (the Yellow Rose, according to legend).

Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #45
turvis
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

I think there used to be a yellow rose beer maybe find that recipe. I like the idea of the different beers for the leaders and heros of the republic of Texas

Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #46
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3319 Times on 2269 Posts
Likes Given: 2089

I sampled quite a few Wisconsin beers this past year from people sending/bringing them to me. Actually they were surprisingly good! You know, for beer made across the way. They didn't have a thing on Michigan beer, but I didn't really expect it to.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #47
oceans11_gt
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

First of all, as many have said, there is plenty of awesome beer brewed here in the Dairy State. I would like to second the trip to O'so but would like to add Central Waters. I have since moved from Stevens Point up to Wausau but I used to freguent both establishments.

Next, you can always appreciate a good bloody.
Quote:
There a lot of taverns around WI that sell these things. I pulled this one from a facebook friend, unsure of where exactly this is. But there are bloody mary buffets all over. We have a bar here in my hometown that makes them with a minimum of 8 ingredients and are less than 5 bucks a pop. I'm not a vodka fan, but this would be a great way to start a Sunday while on vacation!
Which tavern would that be? It's not too far from me and I drive up to Tomahawk pretty regularly.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #48
thaworm69
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans11_gt View Post
First of all, as many have said, there is plenty of awesome beer brewed here in the Dairy State. I would like to second the trip to O'so but would like to add Central Waters. I have since moved from Stevens Point up to Wausau but I used to freguent both establishments.

Next, you can always appreciate a good bloody.

Which tavern would that be? It's not too far from me and I drive up to Tomahawk pretty regularly.
I believe its Pagels Pub. Its outside city limits west of Merrill off of 64 I believe. I also heard they have great food and awesome prime rib. They have a facebook page and I think it is pictured somewhere on there.

www.facebook.com/pagels.pubandgrub/photos?ref=ts

Reason: adding link

Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #49
oceans11_gt
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Gotcha, I know exactly where that is actually. Thanks!