Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Moving Bottles From Fridge Back to Cupboard

Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
cramar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Moving Bottles From Fridge Back to Cupboard

I've discovered that the room I used to bottle condition my brew was far too cold, seems I've paused the bottle conditioning, I've confirmed this by moving the batch to a warmer spot and then sampling after a week.

Question: the bottles that I previously moved to the fridge before I knew the room was too cold, they are under carbed and don't taste so great and they seem to be stuck in that condition.
Can I move those back to warm storage for a few weeks and then back to the fridge or will that wreck them?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Chipman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

From what I understand it's sunlight, not temperature fluxuation that negatively affects flavor. If you do move them to a warmer location I would rouse the yeast by very gently rotating the bottles end over end.

Cooking with beer? Been doing it for years.
Add it to the food? I'll have to try it sometime.

He who has tasted sailing will walk the earth with his head turned into the wind.