I've made many extract batches with steeping grains and 2 BIAB's. Today I decided to try a partial mash based on a recipe I saw advertised by a certain online brew store. I took some liberties with the ingredients and the process please let me know your thoughts and concerns. Thanks and happy brewing!
.5 lb Caramalt
.5 lb Maris Otter
.25 English roasted barley
I mashed these at 155 degrees for 50 minutes in 2.5 gallons of water
Then ghetto sparged with .5 gallon of 170 degree water.
I added 6lbs of light DME
1oz summit @ 60 min
1oz fuggles @ 10 min
1lb of corn sugar at flameout
I'm using White Labs London Ale Yeast
I'm hoping for 8.5-9.0 ABV with some residual sweetness
If it comes out great I will call it Sheep Slayer