Cheers to everyone who participated in the 2013 Drunk Monk Challenge! We are proud to say that our 15th annual competition was another big success!
This year's event saw a record number of entries, as well as a record number of volunteers. 806 meads, ciders, and beers were sampled and evaluated by 112 judges. The DMC continues to attract the region's top-ranked judges, but also provides an opportunity for new judges to gain experience and increase knowledge. This year's judge roster was comprised of 1 Grand Master judge, 1 Master judge,16 National level, 36 Certified, 26 Recognized, 28 Provisional/Novice judges, and 2 professional brewers.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank some our key sponsors and beery friends. Without their generous support, we would not be able to have such a great event:
- Two Brothers Brewing for being our very accommodating host.
- The Homebrew Shop in St. Charles, IL for sponsoring the awesome medals and various raffle donations
- Chicagoland Winemakers in Elmhurst, IL for sponsoring the handsome trophies for Best of Show and Menace of the Monastery
- Chicago Brew Werks in Plainfield, IL for some killer prize donations, including the prize of the night oak barrel
- Start Total Print Solutions for all the copies and help with the awards
- Brew n Grow in Bolingbrook, IL for the many gift certificates that went to the BOS and Menace of the Monastery winners.
- John's Restaurant and Tavern in Winfield, IL
- Rock Bottom Brewery in Warrenville, IL
- Mid Country Malt Supply in South Holland, IL
Please do not be discouraged if you did not win an award. The DMC has become one of the largest and toughest competitions around.
With that being said, the 2013 DMC results can be viewed here http://knaves.org/DMC/victor/victors2013.html
Scoresheets and awards will be mailed within the week. You should also be able to view your scores by logging back into the registration system.
Thanks again to each and every participant of the 2013 Drunk Monk Challenge! I hope to see you again at next year's competition, which is tentatively planned for March 7th and 8th, 2014.