Make 'em disappear - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Make 'em disappear

Old 02-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #21
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratslinger View Post
Still thinking about a #3, but Marilyn Manson does spring to mind...
I'm pretty sure he has gone away already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alane1 View Post
3.Cat Stephens
No more Cat Stephans, either. He's Yusaf Islam now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schemy View Post
3. Toby Keith
The damage can't be undone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
1. Willie Nelson
2. Willie Nelson
3. Willie Nelson
Why the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybemutlee View Post
I know I'm going to cop some flack here but I just can't take U2. Never have. I find them really boring.
Quite possibly the most overated band ever. Almost as bad the Eagles.

Going to have to say

1) Toby Keith
2) U2
3) The Eagles

Old 02-16-2013, 02:04 AM   #22
maybemutlee
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

I'm sorry but I have to add Adelle. I know that makes four for me. But she has to go.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #23
phenry
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Clemson, SC
Liked 121 Times on 73 Posts

I take guilty pleasure in listening to a lot of these. But never Taylor Swift. I'd use all three of my disappearings and use them on her. Just to make doubly sure she never records another song, everything she's ever written is burned from our memories, and any story of her breaking up with another guy never surfaces again.

That little stunt on the Grammy's where she called out British who's-his-face, how old is this girl? I worked as an age group swim coach for 5 years, and I've known 6 year olds more mature than her.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #24
rjd
Recipes 

Feb 2008
South of Music City, TN
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ke$ha et al... I understand.

I am an eternal amateur musician, so I really strive not to hate - although it seems to be a common human thing, so I'm in good company.

Willie? Really?... ok, I understand, though I can't abide.

I enjoy music across the spectrum, my favs:
Lounge new&classic
classic rock
jam band stuff... THE DEAD!
some jazz - the biggies!
reggae
little kids improv songs are really cool (unencumbered by modern musical convention)
and although I love Dylans writing, and many of his songs are on my playlist (performed by him and others) I really prefer that he would not sing

hate away, it's my opinion.

A pro friend of mine states "as long as it's got soul"

Willie & Dylan pass the test... maybe I'm not cool enough to hear/feel the soul in Kesha/beeber/Rebecca Black!
So I just pass it by/Turn that dial!

RJ

P.S. Watched the grammys! loved how they kept cutting to Taylor Swift Premium Ham dancing/digging on on the popular tunes....
Then Jack White came on..... oh come on! show her now! with a bubble: "I don't get it/where is the hook/is this music?/this hurts my ears!"

Old 02-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #25
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008
, Maryland, The Tax Me State
Liked 527 Times on 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post
Hate to burst your bubble but Gaga can sing. She's a performer first and foremost which is why she does other things.

But if you need evidence, check her out before getting famous.

LINK

That said I can understand why people would want her to go away. I don't mind her cause at least she's interesting and talented unlike, Nikki Minaj. Even Kesha for how much I hate her music has some musical ability, unlike Nikki Minaj. Long story short, I could make this the one person i want to get rid of and it would be Nikki Minaj.

As far as singing goes, Gaga>Madonna. Maybe not in what they've actually released popularly. But as I see it Lady Gaga is one of 2 things, either one of the all time great music performing arts (think David Bowie, Alice Cooper, etc.) or she's the pop version of The Darkness, poking fun at the industry while not acknowledging it and doing it from the inside with hits.

As you talk about what she looks like without makeup, that's highly irrelavant to her music but likely indicates why she could easily fit into what I described above. As not traditionally hot, could it be that to get popular in todays image obsessed society that she would need to appeal to a large base without physical attractiveness? Personally I like her, not her music but she's either a big middle finger to the music industry, or a hell of a piece of performance art.
Maybe it's an age thing. Maybe I'm to old to 'get it'. But I'm sorry, she can't sing a lick. At least not in the classical definition of 'sing'. She is a performer. That is how she should/is making her millions. Still....she ain't a singer. Not a bang on her for making a buck. But call it what it is. Most of the music on the radio is done by performers, not singers. Listen to the pop 40 or country stations. The tunes may be catchy, but sit and actually listen to the singing (especially if you get to see them in concert without the auto tune and endless retakes).....they suck. In the end, who cares. I need a beer. LOL

Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #26
hoppyhoppyhippo

Recipes 

Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Liked 409 Times on 334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy71 View Post
Maybe it's an age thing. Maybe I'm to old to 'get it'. But I'm sorry, she can't sing a lick. At least not in the classical definition of 'sing'. She is a performer. That is how she should/is making her millions. Still....she ain't a singer. Not a bang on her for making a buck. But call it what it is. Most of the music on the radio is done by performers, not singers. Listen to the pop 40 or country stations. The tunes may be catchy, but sit and actually listen to the singing (especially if you get to see them in concert without the auto tune and endless retakes).....they suck. In the end, who cares. I need a beer. LOL
Take it you didn't look at my link haha

She can certainly sing, is she Aretha? No not even close. But just as being famous doesn't make you a good singer, it doesn't make you a bad singer either.

Maybe you'd listen to this since it has Tony Bennett in it

LINK

She has pipes, she knows what she's doing vocally. She was accepted into CAP21 (an NYU program known for churning out broadway performers) she cam flat out sing. Now I'll say again, she doesn't always show it in her songs, but unlike many other pop performers she can bring it on the road. She doesn't just have a studio voice. Brian May wanted her to front Queen.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #27
littletommy
Recipes 

Jan 2013
, Indiana
Liked 75 Times on 55 Posts

I've actually met Willie Nelson, he has long been one of my heroes, so I was as nervous as could be when the opportunity presented itself. After about two seconds in his presence, I was just as comfortable talking with him as I would be talking to a family member. He is a truly genuine guy, very humble, and very witty. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life.

naga77777 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #28
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Lone Jack, Missouri
Liked 127 Times on 105 Posts

I can not stand Willie's jokes he's always saying anymore. So I understand that one.

I'd have to say my 3 are:
1. Taylor Swift
2. Nikki Manaj
3. Faith Hill (I blame her for Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood and all the other lame country acts that destroyed country.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #29
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5898 Times on 3469 Posts

I just can't stand Willie Nelson. it's odd since I like Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Waylon Jennings. but every time I hear Willie, I want to cave his skull in. same thing when I look at him. I really don't understand it, but that's the way it is.
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #30
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
I just can't stand Willie Nelson. it's odd since I like Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Waylon Jennings. but every time I hear Willie, I want to cave his skull in. same thing when I look at him. I really don't understand it, but that's the way it is.
I feel that way about Mariah Carey. Just seeing her face makes me want to slap her. Her voice, her face, all her music, just pisses me off thinking about it. Actually not even familiar with her music because after 2 seconds my ears start bleeding and I nearly go blind.

Billy-Klubb Likes This