Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Clean using "lingt" detergent

Old 02-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
RainyDays
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 10

Default Clean using "lingt" detergent

I just got a new 10-gal all-grain kettle in the mail today from midwest supplies. On the false bottom there is a sticker saying clean using a "lingt detergent" before use to get rid of the dirt and oil.

Is this a particular style of detergent or a type that is supposed to read "light detergent?" After doing some searching I can't seem to find anything so I'm leaning towards typo.

How did you clean your all-grain equipment before using it?

Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
nsrooen
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I would think that is a typo as well.

If the item is new I just use soap and a sponge to clean my stuff before I use it - then rinse well = (that is anything that is going to have boiling water in it, thus not needing to be sanitized)