- looking for some quick guidance
im in China for another two days, and the prices here are a lot less than Italy, but I need to think fast, and have a limited web connection, so cannot do all the research I would like to .
Im failry sure I want a RIMS controlled, electric brewery. Im based in Euroep so 220v
( I already have 2 pumps, 3x 5 gallon vessels ( but would like to keep it to 2)
So here's the rub,
1. for the BK, what wattage ratign heat stick do I need?
2. for the RIms, what wattage do i need ( ideally I would like to try to go from 20 deg c to mash temps 70 deg c - 50 deg C raise, what wattage do i need, and what type? I seem to remeber a lot about ultra low wattage etc.
I live in a hard water area, will the elements, calk up a lot?
3. shoud I hard plub everything , or go for cam locks, they are dirt cheap here, so I am tempted, but if I dont need tham,t hen I am still wastign money right!
4. Valves, automated, or simple, 3 part or two part?
i think I am just goignt o go with the simplest, unless I can be convinced quickly !
5. the electronics control panel part of it, lights switches automation.. oh damn, I wish Id done more homework back in italy !
6. thermomters .. best as idnividual in vessel, or as part of sight glass, how long a stem, what type?
I guess I am just going to have to pick up as much stuff as I can think that is reasonable and run with it, but any help wold be really great. especially on the high cost items.\