Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Water Filter Identification

Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Qoheleth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Water Filter Identification

Hey everybody-

I was given this water filter setup from a parishoner who knows I brew, and I was hoping when I opened it there'd be something identifiable on the cartridges to let me know what I'll need to buy for it, but aside from "MADE IN USA" and "This end up," there's nothing. The cartridges are approx 10" tall and below you can see how they connect to the housing. (They just slide into place and are sealed with the blue rubber rings.

I've always just used tap water filtered through a Britta attachment and am a noob at anything more complex...

(And yes, I know Google's my friend, but I thought I'd toss this out here in case anyone looks at this and can say, "Oh, yeah, of course, that's...")

Here are the pics. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Huff360
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Standard 10" filter housings. Nothing out of the ordinary.

If I were you, I'd toss hte filters and put back in their place exactly what you need/want.

I'd do a 1 micron sediment filter:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/10-pur...nt-filter.html

Followed by a carbon block based on your waters needs.

The cartridge on the right almost loos like DI resin. The one on the left, no telling without more pictures.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Qoheleth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks Huff! Great to know. Now I'm off and running. Cheers!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
bja
Recipes 

Liked 141 Times on 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff360 View Post
The cartridge on the right almost loos like DI resin. The one on the left, no telling without more pictures.
That's what i thought at first, but the DI cartridges I have can be disassembled to replace the resin. Those don't appear to be rechargeable. Probably a charcoal and a sub micron cartridge.

I know it just wouldn't be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet, but do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course?

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.