BACON floavored beer? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > BACON floavored beer?

Old 02-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
waxhaw-new-brew
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was flipping through one of my brew books today and ran across the "goat's scrotum ale", which looks to be a basic porter style beer with whatever flavor you want to add....this was right after breakfast and I remembered I have a bacon flavored syrup from world market place in the cupboard....who else thinks this might be an awesome or god-awful idea? a bacon porter?

Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3180 Times on 1881 Posts

There's probably hundreds of threads on bacon beer on here. Just like there are commercial bacon beers out there. No big deal. If you want to make them, I would start by looking at those threads labeled bacon beer, in the similar threads box below.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
waxhaw-new-brew
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

yeah, I just saw them after I posted. sorry.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts

Pisgah has one.

Benton's Bacon Snout.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3180 Times on 1881 Posts

You can also infuse bourbon with bacon as I show in this thread, and add that to the beer, for example to make a bacon bourbon stout....even more points if you cure your own bacon...extra credit if you make it a maple bacon bourbon.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #6
waxhaw-new-brew
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

you ,sir, are nuts. and I love it. that is an amazing thread. I go to an Asian market all the time and see the pork belly, but what to do with it? I've contemplated the whole meat processing thing too, being a deer and (soon to be) feral pig hunter in NC (if only I had taken an interest in deer hunting the first 18 yrs of my life while living in Wisconsin). I will need to follow up on the punk link you've posted as well.

Revvy Likes This