Wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soufeastboy

Reaction score
I just got back from Home Depot with 20' of flex copper tubing and 30 minutes later with the help of an old aquarium pump and some old plastic tubing I had an incredibly efficient wort chiller.
Easy efficient and cheap. What could be better.

Soufeastboy said:
I just got back from Home Depot with 20' of flex copper tubing and 30 minutes later with the help of an old aquarium pump and some old plastic tubing I had an incredibly efficient wort chiller.
Easy efficient and cheap. What could be better.

Do you have any pics? How much was the copper?

That's what i used too. 20' of 3/8th o.d. copper tubing. I think it was $26 at Home Depot. Hose clamps hold on tubing that i slid over the ends of the copper. Another hose clamp holds the garden hose adapter on the 2' of input tubing. Then i run the garden hose from my laundry sink in the other room. The wife gave me a dirty look when she saw the setup, but I think we're alright. It took about 25 gallons of water to cool my 6 gallons of wort to 70 degrees. More than i expected. Maybe i'll make a pre chiller sometime.

Back