What's your favorite mustard?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeutschMark

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of my favorites with a brat from the Cleveland West Side Market and a Great Lakes Brewing Company Lake Erie Monster IIPA.

Cleveland style.jpg

Hard to pick just one. I usually have a dozen or so varieties on hand, although these are the staples.

- Classic American yellow mustard for generic hot dogs and burgers
- Kosciusko mustard for quality dogs, brats, and real kielbasa
- And... Kamis musztarda deliketesowa (Polish deli mustard) for sandwiches. I can eat this stuff with a spoon. Very tasty.

Gotta admit, I like a simple spicy brown the most. I go with Guldens, it's what i grew up with.

I also like the Tabasco mustard. I like a solid Dijon mustard. And I am a sucker for yellow mustard. Plochmann's is my favorite.

if any mustard lovers out there come to holland, try this stuff. it packs a punch. you can find it most places. it's also a favorite of mine with homemade zuurkool (saurkraut) and a sausage

DSC_9490.jpg

+1 on Stadium Mustard ... NASA had special packaged Stadium Mustard for 3 of the space shuttle flights.

For me ... Coleman's mustard ... followed by Red Pellican.

Colmans-Tin-and-Jar.jpg

6635804313_f324737493_m.jpg

I'm bummed. We used to be able to get Buckeye Mustard. This woman made it with her own horseradish -awesome! Then it got bigger than she could handle and she moved it to a co-manufacturer. It was less than awesome, but acceptable. Then she dropped off the map and it disappeared. I have tried many, trying to find something good, but still looking. Years ago I used to get a real good one from Switzerland, but I haven't been there in a long time now.

Gulden's is my staple but I like specialty types as well. Just not much selection around here.

Had some of the spicy mustard at a Chinese place not long ago. This stuff was EXTRA potent. Wow, it was take your breath away if you weren't careful. :)

Just plain French's Yellow for hot dogs.

Any decent spicy brown for sausage style dogs.

But I'm really starting to like cream cheese and jalepenos for any of the above lately!

We got this brand from wegmans a while ago. I forget the name now, but it was damn good mustard. I think it was german. It was seeds instead of being ground. Looked strange but tasted great. I forgot all about it until now.

We got this brand from wegmans a while ago. I forget the name now, but it was damn good mustard. I think it was german. It was seeds instead of being ground. Looked strange but tasted great. I forgot all about it until now.

inglehoffer makes a VERY TASTY stone ground mustard that's mostly seeds rather than other mustard that is pulverized.

for comparison, it's like the ground malted barley that brewers would use as opposed to flour

Oh yeah! I should put some peppers in my burger! Not sure about cream cheese. I like tomato and mustard and ketchup and lettuce on there. maybe some pickles.

cream cheese instead of any other kind of cheese; american, cheddar, swiss, bleu

what's really gonna blow your mind is that the BigHair uses cream cheese to coat the Thanksgiving TURKEY... skin turns out crispy and the meat turns out juicy and not dry. we usually only roast a breast

cream cheese instead of any other kind of cheese; american, cheddar, swiss, bleu

what's really gonna blow your mind is that the BigHair uses cream cheese to coat the Thanksgiving TURKEY... skin turns out crispy and the meat turns out juicy and not dry. we usually only roast a breast

No no no grog. You need to step up your cream cheese

Stealing this from here

6 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup Pale Ale
4 oz cheddar

Back