Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Homebrewers in the Antelope Valley

Old 03-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
ktblunden
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 322 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I never check this side of the board, but I'm in Lancaster too, on the East side. As a matter of fact, I live within 3 miles of both breweries out here, which is pretty awesome. I've been out to the Bearded Brewer once so far and I have to say his prices are really good, a lot better than Eagle Rock. I think I'm going to check out the beavr meeting in April.

dukeredhair Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Beaker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So cool to see my home town pop up on here. I grew up in Quartz Hill, then later, Lancaster. I didn't even know there was a brewery out there.

I haven't been back to Lancaster for 2 years, but one amazing gem in that desert town is that liquor store on the NW corner of 20th West and Ave J. It's been there for at least 20 years or more now. The guy who owns it stocks some of the rarest, most amazing beers I've ever found. Every time I pass thru, I leave with more than $200 worth of beer.

I had a great, random conversation with another customer one day I was there, he told me this particular shop was one of the largest in CA for it's variety and that the owner was able to get things few others could. He even pointed out a couple amazing beers that couldn't be found easily, and were in very high demand.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
wschatz
Recipes 

Hello Beaker,

For the benefit of others that may try to find the beer store you mentioned, I think you are referring to the store on NW corner of 20th West and K. Not J. you are right it has a great variety of beers I stop there often.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #14
dukeredhair
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You only have to be careful what you pick up at park lane. Some of those beers have been sitting in the heat for years.
So long as you know what you're doing and check for dust you should be ok.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Beaker
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You're totally right, I meant to write Avenue K. I still avoid the bottles down lower that are covered in thick layers of dust.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
bzwyatt
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Wow! Last place I'd think for a good brew selection! I grew up in Littlerock, still visit the AV regularly to see family. I will check these out.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #17
Beaker
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My first time in there to buy good beer was about 10 years ago. Back then, the beer selection was vast, but like others had mentioned, it didn't look like the stock was rotated very frequently. But I have to say, each time I've dropped in there over the past 5 years, there's always tons and tons of awesome and new stuff, with re-organized displays, showing very unique beers, so I'd be led to think he moves his stock much faster now. I think it's a destination spot for beer geeks in the area now, so he's starting to cater to us more.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #18
Tacohead
Recipes 

Default Noobie

I'm in palmdale myself, I'm a noobie as well. Nevered brewed before, But looking to start. I'm Jason and I live off by the 14 freeway and ave.S.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #19
cannman
Beer Theorist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeredhair View Post
You only have to be careful what you pick up at park lane. Some of those beers have been sitting in the heat for years.
So long as you know what you're doing and check for dust you should be ok.
Ha. I used to live in Lancaster. We used to call that place "the clock tower."