Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Should i put all of them in the fridge ?

Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
francoeura22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Should i put all of them in the fridge ?

So my Beer is ready, taste fine but could be better. Only 3 weeks since bottling. my question here is should i put all of them in the fridge or let them sit at room temp ? Will the taste still get better even in the fridge ?? Also my beer is a bit cloudy , nothing to worry about but what could i do ?? Tanks

Old 02-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
aiptasia
Recipes 

Liked 536 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Either would probably be fine, just don't store them anyplace too hot. Don't expose them to light, either. Just keep them in a box in the dark.

The cloudiness could be caused by yeast, chill haze, or something else we aren't aware of. You can try cold crashing a few bottles for a week in the fridge and see how that does for the clarity of the beer.

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3026 Times on 2607 Posts
Likes Given: 2143

Put some in the fridge for a week to see if it's where you want it. When the carb & flavor are good,you could put them all in the fridge.
The cloudy stuff will settle out in the fridge just like cold crashing. It'll settle any chill haze & get co2 into solution.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2890 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

Most folks don't have a separate beer fridge to hold entire multiple cases of beer. Most of us just put a few bottles in at any given time, and store the rest at room temp, or cooler if they can. It doesn't really matter. Have you ever gone into a beerstore and seen all the beer sitting at room temp? If it was harmful they wouldn't be doing it, would they?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
francoeura22
Recipes 

Thanks for the answer ! Ill probably put them in the fridge !!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
unionrdr
struggling author

Recipes 

Liked 3026 Times on 2607 Posts
Likes Given: 2143

If you have the room,or a seperate fridge,that'd be fine. Many of us don't,so we fridge maybe 12 at a time or so.
Revvy Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
francoeura22
Recipes 

My second fridge is empty, waiting for them I just wanted to be sure That this Would not stop the progress of the taste !!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
masskrug
Shooting for 80%
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 101

I just put one weekend's worth at a time in the fridge and let the the others continue to age in the closet. I would assume that once you put the beer in the fridge the yeast activity (carbing) will slow to a crawl, if not stop altogether.