Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > Thoughts for a "slider/pull out" for chest freezer

Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
VMCosco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Thoughts for a "slider/pull out" for chest freezer

So I picked up a nice 8.2 cubic feet chest freezer this weekend to use for a fermentation chamber. I will fit perfectly under my existing workbench thus not taking up any addition floor space. I will obviously have to slide it out to access it, which I am fine with. I am going to start out with a set if those moving glides to see how easy it is.

Ultimately, I would like to make a nicer cart or shelf that slides in and out. The issue is that I can't raise it too much so a base with under-mounted casters wouldn't really work.

Has anyone done something like this? Any thoughts on how I might accomplish this?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
chumpsteak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I put mine on those little furniture mover disks and it slides pretty easily on my cement floor. When all 5 kegs are full it's a little more difficult, but it still works. I put the disks right on the feet of the freezer. They're only a few bucks at Lowe's and HD. Cheap solution that may work good enough for you and cheap to try.