Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Extract kit procedure ?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
coinhall09
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Oh so that's y my cream ale is so dark lol , awsome thanks , ill remember that next time , they should add that in the instructions

Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #12
Pickettj
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinhall09
Oh so that's y my cream ale is so dark lol , awsome thanks , ill remember that next time , they should add that in the instructions

I think the extract twang is what I'm dealing with right now. I have 70 bottles and 5 gallons ready to add to that stock pile and I'm praying the latest brew (a bock) doesn't have that twang. Somehow I missed gravity by a mile (went OG 1.076 to FG 1.010, target was 1.070 and 1.022) for the first time. I'm going for a late extract addition this time.

As far as a burner, I went to Home Depot and bought a $50 turkey fryer and got a 7.5 gallon aluminum pot with it. Burner works great when you finally get it set up. I missed a step or they forgot to tell me that there was a flame detector!

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

Fermenter 1: Empty

Fermenter 2: Empty

Secondary: Empty

In The Botlle:
Nutcase Brown Ale
You'll Be Boch
Cherry Wheat

In the keg:
Alpha King Clone
TBDIPA

Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2967 Times on 2561 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

The late extract additions should take care of the twang. It did for me. That,& using plain DME in the boil,saving remaining DME & all the LME for flame out additions.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Pickettj
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr
The late extract additions should take care of the twang. It did for me. That,& using plain DME in the boil,saving remaining DME & all the LME for flame out additions.
My next batch is a honey wheat so we will see how it looks.

Fermenter 1: Empty

Fermenter 2: Empty

Secondary: Empty

In The Botlle:
Nutcase Brown Ale
You'll Be Boch
Cherry Wheat

In the keg:
Alpha King Clone
TBDIPA

Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2967 Times on 2561 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

You should get the right color & flavor with my method. I can even get down to straw gold the way I do it. Got a batch of a light pale ale I call Hopped & Confused bottled up 4 weeks next Saturday. 12 will go in the fridge for a week. 2 days past valentine's though darn it. Close but no cigar...