Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbird

Reaction score
I was just wondering If anybody new how I could get beer smith for free or a program like it?

http://hopville.com/ has a very useful tool for designing recipes, for free. Don't try to get Beersmith for free. It's developed by a good guy who needs to make a living.

I bought Beersmith and my recommendation is this...if you are designing your own brews already, it is absolutely worth spending the relatively small amount of money on the program, or one similar.

+1. Beersmith costs about the same as a couple of buckets or a brew's worth of ingredients.

Beersmith is worth the small 25$ it cost. Everything you need is in this tool.

I got brewmate for free. It will get the job done. Not quite as good as beersmith, but its good.

I got brewmate for free. It will get the job done. Not quite as good as beersmith, but its good.

Me too. Dig it. I don't need all the fancy stuff Beersmith does. Just something to do a few calculations with, save, and print out recipes.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed. It's tricky at first, but then you realize its functions are irreplaceable.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed. It's tricky at first, but then you realize its functions are irreplaceable.

I'm just down Rt 7 from you!

& thank you for your service!

as former US Navy, we are always happy to provide our Corps brothers a ride to whatever beach needs taking and will even soften up the landing for you.

Semper Fi!

I've been using Brewer's Friend, a cloud-based recipe tool that has personalization features. So far it has served all my needs and I like that I can access my recipes & brew session records from any terminal.

Your first 5 recipes are free, then it's $10/year. Totally worth it IMO. The developer's been updating it a lot over the past year, and it's becoming more & more robust. Pricing.

Brewsmith is more elaborate than Brewer's Friend, is my impression. Your urge to be frugal is commendable. I didn't want to spend too much $$ at the beginning of my brewing adventure, in case it didn't pan out. But having access to a recipe / brew session tool is sooooooo valuable.

The amount of money it costs for Beersmith ($20-25) is far less than the cost of many batches I would have screwed something up trying to do everything by hand. It really allows you to start changing a few things in recipes to see where it will go. It has been one of the best investments I have made in brewing.

Got Beersmith for Christmas. Easy to use for recipes. I'm still trying to get everything set up for my equipment, tho.

I like BeerSmith. I think it's worthwhile (and educational) to do the math on the napkin, but BeerSmtih helps me to "think out loud" so to speak, and play around with recipe profiles. Definitely worth the small amount of money for a great amount of pleasure, in the long run.

Beersmith is amazing and i like it, even if the developer is getting greedy with his mobile apps ;)

That said, check out

https://www.brewers-assistant.com

It is by far the best online tool ive seen comparable to Beersmith, and is totally free. Yet i never see anyone talk about it.

Beersmith is amazing and i like it, even if the developer is getting greedy with his mobile apps ;)

That said, check out

https://www.brewers-assistant.com

It is by far the best online tool ive seen comparable to Beersmith, and is totally free. Yet i never see anyone talk about it.

+1 I do have and use the mobile version for my Android as well.

Latest posts

Back