Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > New to brew

Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
hopnasty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default New to brew

My first try was unsuccessful and truthfully I couldn't even tell you guys what type of beer I actually made! Shameful I know but like I said I'm new and way to learn...help?!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Big_Blue
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What were you making (a kit, a recipe, just threw random things in a pot) and what happened?
Bucket 1: Base Blonde #1
Bucket 2: EdWort's Apfelwein
Keg 1: Bugbear Ale
Keg 2: waiting

Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
hopnasty
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Blue
What were you making (a kit, a recipe, just threw random things in a pot) and what happened?
The kit beers did ok because all was laid out for me. This was what I thought to be a well planned recipe for beer using honey and grains and hops but somewhere along the line while fermenting or whenever it was overly sweet and super carbonated to the point of almost half the bottle lost to the drain