Y'know what America needs more of? - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Y'know what America needs more of?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
aygov
 
aygov's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 880
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofynewfie View Post
I asked her if yeast counted
HAHAHA, did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Confession... one night my ex-girlfriend decided that we were going to have a "macrobiotic" beet salad with raw beets and I think every vegetable grown in the world.

The confession part is that I loved it.

Had cured pork with garlic shoots the next night though.
Nothing wrong with that. Heck, I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans. I do vegetarian friendly meals every once in a while and usually don't realize it's vegetarian till it's on my plate. What I do have a problem with is sanctimonious and judgmental vegetarians/vegans. Good for you for not eating meat, no I don't really care how meat is made, now please leave me alone and let me eat my steak.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #52
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Subsailor's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Posts: 1,210
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov View Post
Nothing wrong with that. Heck, I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans. I do vegetarian friendly meals every once in a while and usually don't realize it's vegetarian till it's on my plate. What I do have a problem with is sanctimonious and judgmental vegetarians/vegans. Good for you for not eating meat, no I don't really care how meat is made, now please leave me alone and let me eat my steak.
Agreed! I don't make it a point to go out of my way to annoy Vegetarians/Vegans with my meaty meals so please don't annoy me with your reasons for avoiding meat. It's just more meat for me and more veggies for you!
__________________
SSBN 618 G
SSBN 641 B
SSBN 658 G
SSBN 641 B

aygov Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #53
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
GrogNerd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Sterling, VA
Posts: 6,086
Liked 2123 Times on 1330 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
Agreed! I don't make it a point to go out of my way to annoy Vegetarians/Vegans with my meaty meals so please don't annoy me with your reasons for avoiding meat. It's just more meat for me and more veggies for you!
I do go out of my way to annoy veggies if they've got a holier-than-thou attitude about it

plus, my birthday is Eat a Tasty Animal for PETA Day
__________________
"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine, Basque cider - lagering : Schwarzbier - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee - on deck: Grodziskie

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #54
aygov
 
aygov's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 880
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd View Post
I do go out of my way to annoy veggies if they've got a holier-than-thou attitude about it

plus, my birthday is Eat a Tasty Animal for PETA Day
Exactly. If you're going to go all "MEAT IS MURDER!!" on me then tolerance goes out the window.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #55
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Subsailor's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Posts: 1,210
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts


Hey, I'm kind of liking this EATAPETA thing you've shown me!

One of my favorite and most complimented T-shirts is my "People Eating Tasty Animals" shirt.

but to get back on topic, what this America needs more of:

Respect for oneself and others!
__________________
SSBN 618 G
SSBN 641 B
SSBN 658 G
SSBN 641 B

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #56
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
CreamyGoodness's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Posts: 7,491
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts


There is a reasonable way to educate people. I never would have known that sharks are fished in such a repellent fashion had it not been for GoofyNewfie, and now I avoid them. I wasnt accosted with this knowledge, I asked for it.
__________________
See, that's where the real story is.
In the competition for the attention of the space aliens.
Everyone's equal in the eyes of God, but the space aliens, you've got to figure they would play favorites.




YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!


 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #57
GrogNerd
mean old man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
GrogNerd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Sterling, VA
Posts: 6,086
Liked 2123 Times on 1330 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov View Post
Exactly. If you're going to go all "MEAT IS MURDER!!" on me then tolerance goes out the window.
I have a t-shirt that says "meat is murder... tasty, tasty murder"
__________________
"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Fresh Squee Zed IPA - bottle conditioning: LoCo Foot Barleywine, Basque cider - lagering : Schwarzbier - fermenting: apple wine, Skeeter Pee - on deck: Grodziskie

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #58
aygov
 
aygov's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 880
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd View Post

I have a t-shirt that says "meat is murder... tasty, tasty murder"
Haha that's brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
There is a reasonable way to educate people. I never would have known that sharks are fished in such a repellent fashion had it not been for GoofyNewfie, and now I avoid them. I wasnt accosted with this knowledge, I asked for it.
Precisely. Teach instead of lecturing and you get better results.

Subsailor Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #59
hoppyhoppyhippo
 
hoppyhoppyhippo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 2,710
Liked 414 Times on 338 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
There is a reasonable way to educate people. I never would have known that sharks are fished in such a repellent fashion had it not been for GoofyNewfie, and now I avoid them. I wasnt accosted with this knowledge, I asked for it.
I love schooling preachy vegetarians/vegans. I'm in the same boat I'll listen to anyone's opinion but when you get preachy I turn into a jerk. When someone says about how humans are supposed to be vegetarians, I point to my canines and ask them if they know the basic dental function of those teeth. I usually get a plethora of excuses after that but by then I have the conversation won.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #60
aygov
 
aygov's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 880
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts


I just ask them why we can't digest cellulose. The result of this is usually confused looks because they have no idea what that is.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
beer in America vs. else where wormraper General Beer Discussion 67 07-22-2012 04:31 PM
Sorry America... danlad General Beer Discussion 12 12-11-2009 04:14 PM
Grats America Desert_Sky General Beer Discussion 10 05-15-2008 04:07 PM
Hey Keiichi!! This is how America does it !! VatorMan Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 1 04-09-2008 06:00 PM
jobs in america jfish63 Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 2 03-20-2008 04:41 PM


Forum Jump