Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Advice for installing draft tower on mini fridge

Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
ConcernedFisherman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Advice for installing draft tower on mini fridge

I purchased an Igloo 4.6 cu ft mini fridge. It fits 2 kegs and the CO2 easily with the inside door shelving removed. I have been looking thru this forum and other sites for tips on installing a draft tower to the fridge. Most of the DIY projects show that the top of some mini-fridge's come off with screws on the back but this particular fridge looks to be all one piece and no separate top piece. Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to install this draft tower without having to drill first and risk puncturing a coolant line on top?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
DenverUSMC
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedFisherman View Post
I purchased an Igloo 4.6 cu ft mini fridge. It fits 2 kegs and the CO2 easily with the inside door shelving removed. I have been looking thru this forum and other sites for tips on installing a draft tower to the fridge. Most of the DIY projects show that the top of some mini-fridge's come off with screws on the back but this particular fridge looks to be all one piece and no separate top piece. Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to install this draft tower without having to drill first and risk puncturing a coolant line on top?
Does the fridge have a plate in the back that houses the refrigerant lines? Or does it have a freezer compartment that freezes and provides the cold to the fridge?

My mini had a plate in the back of the fridge so I just took a 2inch hole saw and went right through the top, no problems.

If it has a freezer at the top you need to be careful running beer lines through it as they may freeze from what I have been told.

If you post a model number, or some pics that would also be helpful
Fermenting
: AHS Anniversary IPA
Lagering
: Heineken clone
Next:

Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
JONNYROTTEN
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Turn fridge on.Mix baking soda or flour,(cant remember which one) with water in a bowl,make a slurry.Pour a thin layer on the entire top of fridge.wait a bit and the lines will magically appear.Drill in between them..done It worked on my Sanyo mini fridge,maybe it will work on yours