Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Alaska HomeBrew Forum > Gabbf '13

Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
hatedheretic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Default Gabbf '13

so this was the first year that I was not working through the festival and capable of attending; and geez what a cluster-f**k that became the later it got.

I was at the Friday night session, and so is the Saturday afternoon one less packed? and without the average douchebag that was there "to get wasted!"

I was highly disappointed that the breweries themselves were not represented by actual employees (at least the ones from the Lower 48), because i would have loved to pick the brains of the Firestone Walker, Lauganitas and Green Flash guys...

kevin476 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
kevin476
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I attended the "connoisseur" session and feel the same way, what a joke. I figured they would not pack the whole place but they did. Then they give you tickets and most of the brews I wanted to try were 3-4 tickets! WTF!!!!! Its not like we are paying for the brew, they are there representing and showing it off, I have been to the Great american beer fest and it was wayyy better. What a waste of money this was.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #3
Cyclman
I Sell Koalas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 554 Times on 470 Posts
Likes Given: 190

I have been to three, last year did the Saturday afternoon one. It did seem mellower. Agree with frustration that breweries don't man their booths. I think this industry is soon to see consolidation, when brewers aren't doing everything they can to promote their products and create bonds with customers.

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
hatedheretic
Recipes 

I can see how it does cost a bit more then average to send someone up here along with lodging and other business trip costs, but I mean it's for one bloody weekend a year. It was more of a "distributers" beer fest, and advertising what they're going to carry......only not really; cause we still aren't getting new sh*t from Firestone, like where's my Wookie and Double Jack!!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
kevin476
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ya, I was pretty bummed that they had that in the program and when I asked for it the girl at the F/W booth acted like she had never even heard of it. I am pretty excited about the new event that Gabe Fletcher is going to put on.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
hatedheretic
Recipes 

what event is that?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
kevin476
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedheretic
what event is that?
Sounds like its on the down low, gonna be expensive and very few tickets sold but I think it could be epic, or shall I say the opposite of GABBF. This is a little info, if you want more info you have to be on Facebook, that's where he will announce when tickets go on sale.
http://www.anchoragepress.com/food_a...a4bcf887a.html.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
hatedheretic
Recipes 

damnnnnnnnn
yeah, that's got my attention for sure, and if it's just 300 people, **** $100 seems like a steal!

saw Anchorage Brewing got mentioned in that IPA book by Mitch Steele, thought that was pretty cool.

and if Three Floyds people might actually make an appearence, as a fan of the band eyehategod, i would love to try and convience them to bring my a bottle of their new IPA "in the name of the suffering".

you're right; EPIC is the word for this event.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #9
hatedheretic
Recipes 

well sh*t, i just saw their recent post on facialbook about 3floyds bringing that beer! jesus... thanks for turning me on to that, had no idea; but now i'm about to have stroke in anticipation..

Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
kevin476
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

No problem, I'm a big fan of gabe so when I heard about this I knew I had to get tickets. Good luck to you on getting yours, I'm sure they will go very fast.

hatedheretic Likes This