What movie sucks you in? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What movie sucks you in?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #11
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Aug 2012
minneapolis, minnesota
Liked 127 Times on 114 Posts

The Shashank Redemption and Saving Private Ryan? Come on guys! I love both of those movies but holy long and depressing. Why not toss in Schindler's List while we're at it.

Are we talking movies that suck you in on TV or movies you watch all the time on purpose? Because if it's TV it's garbage on the SciFi Channel. Giant Squid vs. Killer Croc III or anything along those lines I'll watch because how horrible they are.

If we're talking movies I'd put on anytime I'd say Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, High Fidelity, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, or Lost in Translation.

If we're talking drunk movies I'd put on anytime I'd say Beerfest, Kill Bill, Black Dynomite, Zombieland or The Dark Knight.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
rdann87
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Manchester, Connecticut
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew View Post
The Shashank Redemption and Saving Private Ryan? Come on guys! I love both of those movies but holy long and depressing. Why not toss in Schindler's List while we're at it.

Are we talking movies that suck you in on TV or movies you watch all the time on purpose? Because if it's TV it's garbage on the SciFi Channel. Giant Squid vs. Killer Croc III or anything along those lines I'll watch because how horrible they are.

If we're talking movies I'd put on anytime I'd say Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, High Fidelity, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, or Lost in Translation.

If we're talking drunk movies I'd put on anytime I'd say Beerfest, Kill Bill, Black Dynomite, Zombieland or The Dark Knight.
Dont get me wrong, those are all great movies. Actually I've loved just about every movie in this thread so far.

But I was thinking about the ones that suck you in, where you had no intention of watching a movie until you happened upon it.

"Always Be Kind to a Creative Mind"

Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 AM   #13
danorocks17
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Indianapolis, Indiana
Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts

Any Scorsese or Coen bro flick

"blessing of your heart, you brew a good ale"

F250 Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 AM   #14
hoppyhoppyhippo
Recipes 

Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Liked 409 Times on 334 Posts

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Lord of the Rings
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Silence of the Lambs
Full Metal Jacket

That's my big hit list for movies if I catch them my day changes.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:03 AM   #15
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 264 Times on 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew View Post

Life aquatic - never heard of it
royal tenenbaums - why did gene hackman waste part of his life making that 1?
hi fi - bored me to tears
eternal sunshine - i think the writer was on acid when he wrote it, as it made less than no sense
lost in translation - my wife was bored and turned it and called it bs, calling it way too touchy-feely

Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 AM   #16
thadius856
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Marysville
Liked 725 Times on 262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpher View Post
Life aquatic - never heard of it
royal tenenbaums - why did gene hackman waste part of his life making that 1?
hi fi - bored me to tears
eternal sunshine - i think the writer was on acid when he wrote it, as it made less than no sense
lost in translation - my wife was bored and turned it and called it bs, calling it way too touchy-feely
Well aren't we just a party pooper?

Thadius Miller, Project Manager -> RaspberryPints

Before you build a keezer, look at this!
Chest Freezer Spec Sheets and Layout Drawings (15 models and counting)

Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 AM   #17
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

May 2009
Los Angeles
Liked 481 Times on 389 Posts

The Fifth Element. Every. Single. Time. I see it on TV, I end up watching it until it's over.

Leeloo Dallas multipass. Multeeeeepaaaaaaaasssss.

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #18
BrewerE
Recipes 

Dec 2012
Omaha, NE
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Payback

Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns

Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 AM   #19
brewinchef_fairfax
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Anything mobster classic
Any original Star Wars
and oddly enough "Starman" with Jeff Bridges and some chick in an old Pinto... Don't know why - just gets me every time..

Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 AM   #20
julioardz
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Liked 66 Times on 51 Posts

There are lots if great movies already mentioned, and most of them would suck me in if I came across them on TV. I would add Avatar, if it hasn't been mentioned.

I also get sucked in by extremely stupid movies. Idiocracy and Army of Darkness come to mind.