Hey fellow brewers, just wondering if any one else has had this happen.
I have a 5 gal batch of starsan mixed up that i keep in an old plastic fermenter bucket. Yes i know that over time it will eat through the bucket, but i also noticed that i get some little bits of mold on the inside of my lid.
I am guessing that when the water evaporates, it collects on the inside of the lid, as pure water. Once there some bateria gets ahold of it and then little bits of mold are formed.
Anyone think there is anything bad with this? I wash the lid really well, then splash it with starsan when i see it.
Picture is from camera phone.