Autumn amber ale question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYHC718

Reaction score
Hi everyone new to homebrewing and have a question. I recently bought a kit on ebay with everything from making to kegging my beer. The kit came with autumn amber ale from Midwest supplies. When I opened the kit it did not include the yeast so I went to the homebrew place not far from me and picked up Wyeast American ale 1056 and a ounce of sweet orange peels. I put the orange peels in the muslin bag about 5-10 min before putting wort in the carboy. It's my first batch so I'm hoping the autumn amber ale with the american ale yeast with a ounce of sweet orange peels isn't going to taste bad. Just curious on some insights on what more experienced home brewers might think it will come out. Thanks guys

I think it will turn out good for you. 1056 gives a clean crisp flavor profile, and the orange peel will give a citrus flavor.

I use 1056 in most of my american style ales. It attenuates well, and is pretty easy to work with.

Back