Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Acorn Squash Beer

Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
brewbobaggins
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Acorn Squash Beer

I love me some acorn squash and I love me some brewing. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has heard of (or tasted) a beer with acorn squash in it. I'm looking for what type of grist and hops to support the dark, nutty flavor of it.

I've done a lot of searching around these here interwebs and can't find much on it. There is plenty about pumpkins, and the few things on acorn squash pretty much say, "Just do a pumpkin spiced beer and substitute the acorn squash for pumpkin." which is most likely a decent idea, but I'd like to know if anyone has any other specs on how to bring out that beautiful acorn squash flavor in a homebrew.

Thanks ahead of time!

Check out my latest homebrewing thoughts, recipes, tastings, and happenings at Ten Bottle Brewing. Drinking, researching, and brewing just about every style, with an emphasis on the bacteria-laden variety. Enjoy and brew on!