Is this okay? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Is this okay?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
jhegende
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Marysville, Ohio

Your saying you wouldn't bottle it at all or you wouldn't rack from the bottom?

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
masterfool101
Recipes 

Dec 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Shooter is saying that if it's fuzzy like mold, and you're pretty certain it's mold, then dump the batch.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #13
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin (No, not that Dublin)
Liked 271 Times on 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterfool101 View Post
Shooter is saying that if it's fuzzy like mold, and you're pretty certain it's mold, then dump the batch.
Yep!

It's possible you could safely rack it all from underneath, but I leave that call up to you. Personally, I'd be worried about any bit of mold sinking back into the beer and coming along for the ride when I racked. An active fermentation has probably kept all the mold bobbing on the surface, but mold is one of a few things that would likely cause me to dump a batch.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)