Brew-Age, web tv series on homebrewing culture in SF Bay Area - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brew-Age, web tv series on homebrewing culture in SF Bay Area

Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
iandh
Recipes 

Jul 2010
San Francisco, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

(Full disclosure: We were filmed for the first episode)

brew-age.com

We were lucky enough to be included in the first episode of Brew-Age, a web tv series about beer/homebrew culture in SF Bay Area. From what I hear, this is first of several episodes lined up and will be released soon. Elizabeth Street Homebrewery is going to be featured in the next one. He has an awesome pub in his garage that one of the TLC remodeling shows made several years ago.

The folks who filmed this have ties to Magnolia Pub, and also filmed Small Batch:Big Thirst (a pro/homebrew festival in SF).

Its pretty weird seeing yourself on film, but I'm really happy to see the project happening.

What do you guys think?

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Liked 560 Times on 306 Posts

It has very nice production quality, but I felt like I was watching somebodies video diary and got tired. Anyhow it looked like you all were having fun so that's always good!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
JiBiru8
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I miss SF. Hope you guys make it!

Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
iandh
Recipes 

Jul 2010
San Francisco, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teromous View Post
It has very nice production quality, but I felt like I was watching somebodies video diary and got tired. Anyhow it looked like you all were having fun so that's always good!
Definitely some good feedback, which I'll relay to the filmmakers. Yeah, I'm not sure if future episodes will include more info about the brewing process. From my understanding they are trying to focus more on the culture of homebrewing in the area.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #5
iandh
Recipes 

Jul 2010
San Francisco, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiBiru8 View Post
I miss SF. Hope you guys make it!
Its a great place to be! Let us know if you are ever back in town.

We're like most homebrewers who dream of opening a brewery. I'm not sure if it will ever happen. We're just enjoy brewing on sundays, and talking with curious people walking by.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #6
JasonToews
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Abbotsford BC
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

right on, ill check it out after work

Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
JiBiru8
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just watched the second video. Hah, a guy I went to school with kindergarten through high school made quite the appearance (the guy in the lab coat).

Old 01-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Brewskii
Recipes 

May 2011
Williamsburg, Va
Liked 127 Times on 68 Posts

Love the show... Very well done I'll keep my eye on it for sure.

I have only one question; who's set up were you using? Looked like you may have been unfamiliar with it.
BTW - nice rig!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
iandh
Recipes 

Jul 2010
San Francisco, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskii View Post
I have only one question; who's set up were you using? Looked like you may have been unfamiliar with it.
BTW - nice rig!
I'm the guy that was filmed in the introduction and build most of the equipment. I tried to stay out of the way on the brew day and let my brew buddies be the focus. As a result I wasn't jumping in and fixing issues as stuff occurred.

Both are competent brewers, but I imagine the stress of two cameras, lighting, and microphones mixed in with brewing a new recipe made it a lot harder.

We're in the process of finishing our brew stand. A friend of ours just finished this stainless steel HLT/MT stand.

You can see photos of some of our other stuff at http://euphemiaales.com/index.php/brewery/.
Click image for larger version

Name:	brew_stand.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	97317  

Old 12-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
Rivenin
Recipes 

Dec 2010
McMinnville, Oregon
Liked 312 Times on 245 Posts

Looking good! i'm watching one as we speak... while i "work"

Kegged Berlinerweisse - Centennial blonde with Huell Mellon hops - same blonde but dry hopped with ella
240v - 4500w electric two tier