Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Cut back on Beer because the belly is too big?

Old 02-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #121
Nuggethead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polboy View Post
So i read half of the posts and have one question, how do you guys decide its time to loose some lbs? im gaining a little bit of weight every year but feel i still have few years before i start actively exercise, diet ect, my bmi is 23.1 but was around 22 2-3 years ago and before that it was 20.5 for as long as i can remember, is it time for me to look for a gym?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDunkel View Post
When you feel like crap or you don't like looking in the mirror anymore. Mine was a little of both.

Pat
When we start sounding like women with the "Does this beer make my ass look fat".

Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #122
OldWorld
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Drink less beer yes...Patiently age your finest beers and share them with the best of friends. Moderation doesn't hurt.

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #123
Black
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Agree on that.

Playing hockey 4 times a week helps cut down the belly too. I guess it depends on each individual's metabolism. Some guys can drink 20 beers a night and never gain weight while others gain 5 pounds just for looking at a beer truck.

As long as you feel healthy.. So far beer is keeping me away from this gastro that the kids took back from daycare...

Old 02-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #124
BryanJ
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

This is the reason why ive made 3 sour beers out of my last four batches.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #125
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 157 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanJ View Post
This is the reason why ive made 3 sour beers out of my last four batches.
So they're nasty and you won't drink them?!?

LOL

MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #126
Thunder_Chicken
Recipes 

Liked 657 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polboy View Post
So i read half of the posts and have one question, how do you guys decide its time to loose some lbs? im gaining a little bit of weight every year but feel i still have few years before i start actively exercise, diet ect, my bmi is 23.1 but was around 22 2-3 years ago and before that it was 20.5 for as long as i can remember, is it time for me to look for a gym?
Something to consider is that it is generally easier to establish a lifestyle where you can maintain a certain level of fitness vs. trying to restore your fitness after you have strayed from it. You really don't want to have to lose 40 lbs. because of a health scare at your last physical, believe me.
Black Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 AM   #127
Black
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Chicken View Post
Something to consider is that it is generally easier to establish a lifestyle where you can maintain a certain level of fitness vs. trying to restore your fitness after you have strayed from it. You really don't want to have to lose 40 lbs. because of a health scare at your last physical, believe me.
+1

It is right now that you need to work on your lifestyle. Work out more, eat less fat/carbs, then you can drink more homebrew and still be healthy.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #128
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

After starting to keg, I have just come to terms with kegging beer is bad for my health as it's so easy to just walk up to the keg and pour off a pint without thinking about it. Compairing that to bottling where you see the dead soldiers sitting around and having to clean them. I do have to start cutting back as I really can't add much more on to the amount I work out which is already about 2-3 hours a day when I go to the gym, about 5 times a week.
Kegged empty

Old 02-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #129
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 926 Times on 631 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOChampBrew View Post
After starting to keg, I have just come to terms with kegging beer is bad for my health as it's so easy to just walk up to the keg and pour off a pint without thinking about it. Compairing that to bottling where you see the dead soldiers sitting around and having to clean them. I do have to start cutting back as I really can't add much more on to the amount I work out which is already about 2-3 hours a day when I go to the gym, about 5 times a week.
Yes - when you hear that hissing sound right after you've killed a keg, you think to yourself, 'Wow - there is no way I could have killed that keg already!' You rationalize it. You blame the cat. You blame the dog. You wonder if the neighborhood kids may have broken into your house. Nope - you drank 5 gallons of beer in 3-weeks. Kegging is evil.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #130
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 295 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 265

I finally bought a scale today. I had a feeling my weight was getting out of control, it's just to easy to pour off a pint from the keg. Worst fears were confirmed, I've put on 30 pounds in about a year. Time to diet, I only have about 2 pairs of clothes that still fit. One last night to go out in style, then it's only beer once or twice a week, no sneaking in a pint every couple of days.