Converting Dead Guy Recipe from Extract to PM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could. Once you include the specialty grains you should only need a couple of lbs of extract. That's usually what I do when converting an extract recipe to PM. I don't think you'll need to up the specialty grains since you'll probably end up getting better yield from them with a mash. Right?...

When I converted the Dead Guy to AG, I upped the munich malt and caramunich malt each to 1 pound, leaving the crystal at .5 pound I believe. For a PM, I'd do the same, and just add maybe 2.5 pounds of base malt to the mash.

Yooper Chick said:
When I converted the Dead Guy to AG, I upped the munich malt and caramunich malt each to 1 pound, leaving the crystal at .5 pound I believe. For a PM, I'd do the same, and just add maybe 2.5 pounds of base malt to the mash.

Thanks Yoops, this was what I figured but I wanted to get some opinions on it first.

Back