National Homebrew Day Giveaway - Enter Now - Weekend Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Foamy First 4oz from Tap, Need Help!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #21
Johnnyboy1012
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I did a search and found a few that look good. I was inquiring to see if anyone has one and if they like it, how quiet it is, and if they recommend it.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #22
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 556 Times on 408 Posts
Likes Given: 961

I would think they're all roughly the same noise level as they all use 3 inch computer fans. Mine is quiet enough unless it gets pushed up against my cold plate in the back of the kegerator then it vibrates the plate and resonates loudly. I would seriously consider making one if I were you..or there's a guy on Ebay (was at least) who makes them and sells them for 30 bucks I think..it's been awhile and my memory is probably clogged with malted hops and bong resin. :drunk

PS: if you build it yourself, just double up on the fan, project box, speed control and buy 2 neo dynamium (rare earth) magnets. After you build the tower cooler, build a stir plate and use one of the magnets with some epoxy/superglue on a fan blade and the other as a "getter" magnet so you can pitch starters without throwing the stir bar into the fermenter. One set of skills, two very useful devices for your beer. :-)

Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #23
poislb
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Either make a fan, and get longer lines or do this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1907.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	97439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	97440  

Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
Johnnyboy1012
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaysurfer View Post
PS: if you build it yourself, just double up on the fan, project box, speed control and buy 2 neo dynamium (rare earth) magnets. After you build the tower cooler, build a stir plate and use one of the magnets with some epoxy/superglue on a fan blade and the other as a "getter" magnet so you can pitch starters without throwing the stir bar into the fermenter. One set of skills, two very useful devices for your beer. :-)
I wish I thought of this long ago before I bought a stir plate!

Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 AM   #25
Johnnyboy1012
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poislb View Post
Either make a fan, and get longer lines or do this.
That's an awesome upgrade! I'm not the handiest guy around so I doubt I could pull off an upgrade like that, plus the door on my kegerator is plastic. Is there any specific reason you put the taps on the front rather then keep the tower other then to add two more taps?

Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 AM   #26
thargrav
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Putting the taps on the door eliminates the need for a beer tower cooler. This is because the faucets aren't mounted 14" above the top of the fridge where they would get warm, like they are in a beer tower.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #27
poislb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thargrav View Post
Putting the taps on the door eliminates the need for a beer tower cooler. This is because the faucets aren't mounted 14" above the top of the fridge where they would get warm, like they are in a beer tower.

yuuuuup..what he said.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #28
poislb
Recipes 

You can use a plastic door, theres gotta be metal in there somewhere though...if not ya can still follow my instructions and you will have great results.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/anot...upport-374406/

Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #29
Johnnyboy1012
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I wish I could upgrade my system to look like yours, but I'm too afraid of messing it up. Until then, I've decided to upgrade my kegerator and I am ordering two Perlick Forward Seal faucets. Anyone have these and what do you think? I am also ordering 35 feet of of 3/16th so that I can play with my line length if i need to. I am also going to be ordering a tower cooler so I think that would have everything covered? Anything else you can think of that I may need to upgrade my kegerator so it works perfectly every time? Also going to order some BLC to to keep lines clean...thoughts? suggestions? Thanks guys

Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #30
poislb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyboy1012 View Post
I wish I could upgrade my system to look like yours, but I'm too afraid of messing it up. Until then, I've decided to upgrade my kegerator and I am ordering two Perlick Forward Seal faucets. Anyone have these and what do you think? I am also ordering 35 feet of of 3/16th so that I can play with my line length if i need to. I am also going to be ordering a tower cooler so I think that would have everything covered? Anything else you can think of that I may need to upgrade my kegerator so it works perfectly every time? Also going to order some BLC to to keep lines clean...thoughts? suggestions? Thanks guys
Perlicks rock, and even better yet there in Wisconsin. Thats all I ever owened and wont buy any other faucet..Never heard of blc.. Just run PBW though the lines after each keg is killed unless you have a pipeline to keep it active. I run PBW through my lines after every keg, then hang to dry if another keg is not going in right away..Then sanitize before use.