Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Georgia HomeBrew Forum > Cobb county brewer here, anyone else?

Old 11-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #51
k_mcarthur
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufflerbearing View Post
There is a store on bells that has homebrew stuff including grains, yeast and pretty much everything you need to brew a batch. It is called Dogwood Growlers. It's just north of 92. Even open on Sunday. www.dogwoodgrowlers.com They seem like beer lovers and good people. I have been meaning to drop in and help support someone that had the nerve to do what I wish I could do. I think I will make it a point to go today.
They are good people, I was there just yesterday. Got me a refill with Terrapin Moo-hoo and it's the only place my wife can find Ace Pear Cider. It's a nice place.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #52
mufflerbearing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just left there. Great place and great people. I will be back to refill my growler and prob get my next batch from there. My son played some foose ball while we figured out what I was looking for in my beer. Found out it was left handed week sauce. Delish! But moo hoo is my winter go to next to NITRO.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #53
Yretsof
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Do they stock a good amount of ingredients? This place just makes more sense for me to drive to than brewmasters warehouse.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #54
Justdrumin
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Hey ya'll from up in Hall County. Been brewin for almost a year now. I did a few extract and a few Partial mash now. Just made an STC-1000 temp controller with a mini fridge to control temps. That's the absolute best thing I could have done!! I have an Oktoberfest lagering as we speak it's been lagering for a month now and boy is it tasty! I am lovin the addiction! I'm asking Santa for a keg setup for Christmas any suggestions for something local? Or are they all overpriced?
Kegged: Vienna Lager, House Amber, Helles Lager
Future: Kaiser Alt, Oktoberfest Lager, Summer in Helles, BierMunchers Centennial Blonde, Fesh Squeezed IPA.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #55
Beerzrus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I live in KSaw, recently in Dallas. I've always thought the Paulding/West Cobb area deserved a homebrew store. Decent local prices always trump mail order for me. I've also been looking for a local brew club. Date and Time is never going to work for everyone but I'm willing to help get it started even with my busy schedule. PM if you're interested and maybe we can get something growing. I love brewing during fall and winter months.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #56
mufflerbearing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

They have a good bit of stuff. Lots of base grains and a bit of specialty malts, lots of hops, yeast and they will crush your grains if you need them to. I will get a recipe together and email it to them as soon a I figure pit what I want to brew next. Spoke with the owner and he said they are putting an online ordering system together and you can just order online. I have bought all but 1 batch from BW and they have been good to me. I like the fact that this guy is living the dream. Awesome!
k_mcarthur Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #57
Yretsof
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerzrus View Post
I live in KSaw, recently in Dallas. I've always thought the Paulding/West Cobb area deserved a homebrew store. Decent local prices always trump mail order for me. I've also been looking for a local brew club. Date and Time is never going to work for everyone but I'm willing to help get it started even with my busy schedule. PM if you're interested and maybe we can get something growing. I love brewing during fall and winter months.
Correction, the west ga area DESIRES a homebrew store! I would brew twice as much if I didnt have to drive 45 minutes each way to get ingredients. And I know many people interested until they ask "where do you buy the stuff to make it?"
Beerzrus Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
BigFloppy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yretsof View Post
Do they stock a good amount of ingredients? This place just makes more sense for me to drive to than brewmasters warehouse.
If you're scared to use the phone (don't be... tell him that crazy brit Andy said to call, he'll warm right up to ya), or just email Ernesto, he'll get back to you with in / out of stock

Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #59
jmark
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_mcarthur
They are good people, I was there just yesterday. Got me a refill with Terrapin Moo-hoo and it's the only place my wife can find Ace Pear Cider. It's a nice place.
+1 on that. I've always used BMW, but lately they've had a lot of stock issues... My last recipe needed some smoked malt and BMW told me they had everything but that but they'd be getting more that night. While I was in there another guy who had been told that his order would be ready at 4pm (it was now 5:30) had driven an hour to pick up his order only to be told that they didn't have all of his order either! I had heard about Dogwood Growlers so I figured I'd call them to see if they had what I needed - they did and the guy offered to have it ready for me by the time it arrived. Turns out these guys are closer to me than BMW and have better prices when buying in bulk (I was quoted $40/bag of 2-row vs $45 at BMW) and they don't mind ordering sacks of grain for you if eh don't have it in stock. I'm much more likely to use these guys moving forward. Not to mention I can pick up a growler at the same time!

Old 11-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #60
mufflerbearing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Just picked up 2 batches Saturday and could not have been better. Look forward to many more. Also got home and realized I was out of starsan just ran up and grabbed a bottle.