Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Greetings All

Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
BikerBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default Greetings All

I've been brewing for a while now and saw the post here about the 1 gallon brews which really caught my interest. I've been doing a few small batches lately and really enjoying it, I plan on doing alot more before spring.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
discooby
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Welcome to HBT! I’ve never heard of doing 1 gallon batch('s) nor ever thought about doing one. Is that even efficient? I mean with the energy put into it? I guess it could be… I didn’t see that post. Anyway, cheers!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
BikerBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Thanks for the welcome discooby. The thread is in the beginer brewing section and is called 1 Gallon Brewers Unite. Maybe not too efficient timewise but I enjoy trying out different beer all the time. I don't mind the set up and clean up which takes just as much time as does the boil but getting it up to boil and cool down is way quicker.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
discooby
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Same amount of equipment to clean but on a much smaller scale, shorter times till boil, and a good point on you can adjust easily with minimal ingredients. I’ll have to look for that section; I have four 1-gallon brewing buckets I started off doing ciders with – same idea but never thought about using them for brewing – plus I’ve got some straggling grains that aren’t enough for a full batch… Now I know what to do with them!