almound joy ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know if that would work, i was thinking of baking chocolat in my wort, and coco nips, toasted coconuts and almonds in my secondary, this is going to be a simple stout beer btw.

Lol, coconut would have to be boiled like hell, chilled, and all of the fat removed.

It would have to be a chocolate stout. It would be delicious, but a huge PITA.:mug:

The baking chocolate would be good for the chocolate part. You could use cream of coconut added at flame out for the coconut, which will boost the ABV because that stuff is sweet. Not sure about the almond, extract maybe?

I made a coconut brown ale. Toasted shaved coconut til it was golden brown. Racked on top of about 1lb of it. Gave a nice coconut flavor. For an almond joy beer...maybe a chocolate stout dry hopped with toasted coconut?

My wife made an almond joy stout. She made a sweet chocolate stout using cocoa nibs. After fermentation was complete she fortified it with coconut rum and amaretto. It is delicious! It was an extract plus steeping grains recipe.
Cheers,
Brandon

I made a coconut porter before. I should have added the coconut to the secondary but I wasn't going to be around to do all of that because I was going to be out of town. So I toasted 2 bags of shaved coconut in the oven and tossed it in the boil. When I got home and kegged and bottled the 10 gallons of it I tasted it and there wasn't as strong a coconut flavor as I wanted so I added half a 750 ml of parrot bay coconut rum to the keg and half to the bottling bucket and the flavor was fantastic!

I would throw in some unsweetned bakers chocolate into the boil for your chocolate flavor and play around with adding almonds to the fermentation process. If all else fails add almond extract to until you achieve a desired flavor profile.

Back