I must have stepped on a 4 leaf clover!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tone_s

Reaction score
I have a favorite little diner I eat lunch at while I'm out doing installs during the week.
Well this evening I met the wife there for dinner and the owner approached me and asked if I was kegging my beer. I told her not yet. I still needed some equipment to finish my build.

She went in the back and handed me a 20# Co2 tank as a gift for being such a loyal customer. It looks brand new!!

One step closer!! :rockin:

way cool....

Support your local business and it will come back. Do that online and it would never happen....

way cool....

Support your local business and it will come back. Do that online and it would never happen....

I have a local business and I always try to support the local guy or gal. Big supporter and member of the local chamber of commerce

Looking now. Not sure what Im looking for

There should be dates stamped on the cylinder with month followed by a unique symbol and then year. Cylinders have to be hydroed every 5 years. The original manufacture date is in the really long stretch of numbers normally.

Even if its expired you could probably get away work exchanging it for a full one at a gas or weld supply shop. They never check the dates

I will probably just do that.
It has the original manufacture's stuff on it, but I don't see a hydro test stamp.
Not too sure how to read it. Looks like it was 2009.

It's in one long ring around the top

dot-3AL1800 B10196067 CLIFFDIV2009 20#002TW24.4LBS TO-3ALM 124T 1 1.1 KG

Again, I may just swap it out. It was free

Yeah I think 2009 is the manufacture date. You should be good to get it filled for another year or swap it out. Better to swap if you can really because you'll never have to hydro test that way.

Latest posts

Back