Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Charleston Homebrewing Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #51
flipfloptan
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: upstate of SC
Posts: 292
Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Holy city brewery sells homebrew ingredients. Just check website for ingredients. Cool guys.

Have a pint while they crush your grains. You will leave with some sage brewing advice. You can get a growler to go.


flipfloptan is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #52
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Travestian's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 505
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

You're not too far from me then. I'm just off of Magwood in The Meadows of Westborough. Interested in brewing together some time?


Travestian is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #53
MotorcycleMatt
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 548
Liked 60 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfloptan View Post
Holy city brewery sells homebrew ingredients. Just check website for ingredients. Cool guys.

Have a pint while they crush your grains. You will leave with some sage brewing advice. You can get a growler to go.
They don't crush grains anymore, or sell by the lb. You can get a 55lb bag though
MotorcycleMatt is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #54
jcioni
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travestian View Post
You're not too far from me then. I'm just off of Magwood in The Meadows of Westborough. Interested in brewing together some time?
Sent ya a PM
jcioni is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #55
Ed4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ladson, SC
Posts: 31
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

There will be two homebrew stores opening soon in the Charleston area. I know one of the guys but not the other. One is in Mt. P and the other is in North Charleston.

I generally get full sacks from Holy City and order everything else from Rebelbrewer.com, I'm interested to see how the local stores do. I don't think the market can support two.

A bunch of us have been discussing a bulk buy through Low Country Libations - local homebrew club.
__________________
"I HATE beer" - My wife.
Ed4 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #56
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Travestian's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 505
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

Anyone off work and interested in brewing with me tomorrow? Have a Belma Pale Ale scheduled from 8am-1pm. PM me if you are interested.
Travestian is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #57
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Travestian's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 505
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed4 View Post
There will be two homebrew stores opening soon in the Charleston area. I know one of the guys but not the other. One is in Mt. P and the other is in North Charleston.

I generally get full sacks from Holy City and order everything else from Rebelbrewer.com, I'm interested to see how the local stores do. I don't think the market can support two.

A bunch of us have been discussing a bulk buy through Low Country Libations - local homebrew club.
Do you have names of the stores or where they will be in those cities?
Travestian is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #58
jmp781
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 155
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

The North Charleston store is supposed to be located off Montague Ave and the Mount Pleasant store is off Long Point Rd. I was told the name of the Mt. P store but dont remember.
jmp781 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #59
Ed4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ladson, SC
Posts: 31
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

The new store in Mount Pleasant is called Yeast - Everything Homebrew.

http://yeasthomebrew.com/

Their grand opening is February 1st.


__________________
"I HATE beer" - My wife.
Ed4 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Charleston, SC brewhammer Introductions 0 10-28-2012 12:40 PM
Charleston SC pedalbiker General Chit Chat 2 08-28-2011 02:54 AM
A plea to the Homebrewing Community! TheWeeb General Chit Chat 2 06-09-2011 02:02 PM
Charleston, SC ryser2k General Chit Chat 3 02-02-2007 07:17 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS