Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Charleston Homebrewing Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Travestian's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 505
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp781 View Post
Would any of the Charleston brewers be interested in 2 1/2 cases of clean, brown, pop top bottles that are ready to be filled? I purged all my bottles tonight and have more than enough to keep me supplied for a while. I'm in Summerville near Summerville High School but work near the Harley shop in North Charleston if you would rather pick up there. Maybe a sample bottle or two of your homebrew could be traded as well. Let me know if you are interested.

Justin
I'm up for those bottles. I'm fermenting my first batch right now so I could always drop a few off later on. I drive by the Harley dealership every day and would prefer to pick them up by there if possible as I live in West Ashley. Let me know what day works for you. I'm easy. Thanks a bunch!

Jason


Travestian is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #22
srtce142
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolsAtDawn View Post
I'll bet that the guys at Holy City could be talked into milling for you if you bought from them (their prices are really reasonable too). They're all really nice, approachable dudes.
I went there Saturday for the food truck and some samples. They said they would mills the grains for you. Didn't ask if there was a minimum.


srtce142 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
alliloop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 40
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtce142 View Post
I went there Saturday for the food truck and some samples. They said they would mills the grains for you. Didn't ask if there was a minimum.
Good to know! Thanks!
alliloop is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #24
jmp781
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 155
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travestian View Post
I'm up for those bottles. I'm fermenting my first batch right now so I could always drop a few off later on. I drive by the Harley dealership every day and would prefer to pick them up by there if possible as I live in West Ashley. Let me know what day works for you. I'm easy. Thanks a bunch!

Jason
Hey Jason, someone else already beat you to these but I'll PM you directly next time. I'll be cleaning out more soon, I'm starting to keg more so the bottles will be transitioning out.
jmp781 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #25
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Travestian's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 505
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp781 View Post
Hey Jason, someone else already beat you to these but I'll PM you directly next time. I'll be cleaning out more soon, I'm starting to keg more so the bottles will be transitioning out.
Thanks Justin. I at least have enough to bottle this first batch so no rushing. Unless you want to hehe.
Travestian is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #26
Jackhole
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: , South Carolina
Posts: 41
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

So I'm interested in attending a Lowcountry Libations meeting when I happen to be off of work on a Saturday. What goes on at the meetings? Can I/should I bring homebrew?

I'm still an extract brewer, but I'm looking to clean up my brewing process before I move on to all-grain. I'd like other brewers to taste my beer and give me some tips as a part of that process.
Jackhole is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #27
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Travestian's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 505
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhole View Post
So I'm interested in attending a Lowcountry Libations meeting when I happen to be off of work on a Saturday. What goes on at the meetings? Can I/should I bring homebrew?

I'm still an extract brewer, but I'm looking to clean up my brewing process before I move on to all-grain. I'd like other brewers to taste my beer and give me some tips as a part of that process.
I've not been to a Lowcountry Libations meeting since my work schedule does not jive with evenings very well sometimes. I'm interested in trying one out though. Let me know what you find out.
Travestian is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #28
jmp781
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 155
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travestian View Post
I've not been to a Lowcountry Libations meeting since my work schedule does not jive with evenings very well sometimes. I'm interested in trying one out though. Let me know what you find out.
The first 10-15 minutes normally consist of competition discussion. Who previously placed, any comps coming up, any local events, etc. The meetings are very laid back. Some people bring homebrew every time, some bring it every other meeting or so, some bring 3-4 different styles. Don't feel obligated to bring any your first time if you just want to hang out and get a feel for everything. Typically they start the tasting light to dark styles, the brewer will stand talk about ingredients, yeast, etc and you'll get honest constructive feed back from the group.

The next meeting is this coming Saturday April 27th at Laura Alberts on Daniel Island, time is 2pm and it can last 2 hours plus depending on how many people come and the number of brews sampled.
jmp781 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #29
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Travestian's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 505
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

Where do you guys buy your ingredients and goodies with no homebrew shop local? I know Holy City has grains and some hops and yeast but most of our things have to come from online. How many of you actually make a trip to Bev-mar in Columbia?
Travestian is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #30
jmp781
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 155
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I've been to Bev-Mar but I can actually order online with shipping cheaper than going to Columbia. I typically use Brewmasters Warehouse for bulk ingredients because they are in Georgia and I receive it much faster than Northern Brewer or Midwest. If I don't have a time constraints I order from whomever is running the best deals. Something I prefer with Brewmasters Warehouse is the ability to order grains in ounces. You can order the exact recipe and dont have to spend extra on unneeded ingredients.


jmp781 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Charleston, SC brewhammer Introductions 0 10-28-2012 12:40 PM
Charleston SC pedalbiker General Chit Chat 2 08-28-2011 02:54 AM
A plea to the Homebrewing Community! TheWeeb General Chit Chat 2 06-09-2011 02:02 PM
Charleston, SC ryser2k General Chit Chat 3 02-02-2007 07:17 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS