Anheuser Busch Black Crown - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Anheuser Busch Black Crown

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #21
Ostomo517
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Norton Shores, Michigan
Posts: 1,585
Liked 597 Times on 381 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus View Post

Same here. I think the worst thing I ever tried was some crap a buddy picked up when we were in college. It was called Phat Boy. It was obvious why it was only .69 cents for a forty at the local stop and rob. I'd take a black crown or a cup of urine over that!
Ha! Phat Boy been there, done that. It had a weird chocolate aftertaste.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
brewsnthelou
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
brewsnthelou's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Saint Peters, MO
Posts: 237
Liked 133 Times on 54 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JWStockton

Yessir! I assume everyone here has seen it... i netflicked the word beer.
Do Tell! I have not heard of this Beer Wars you speak of, sounds most interesting... Netflix??
__________________
"BEER...the other white meat"

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
BxBrewer
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Bronx, NY
Posts: 448
Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts


I liked the fact that Bud has many so called craft beers out there with no mention of them making it. Yet the address lead the lady to the plant lol.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #24
Darwin18
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Posts: 5,343
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JWStockton View Post
For what its worth I just watched this awesome documentary on the beer industry. It seems the big beer companies bring out more and more variations whether they sell well or not in order to take up space at the grocery store because even if they lose a little money on a crappy selling beer they're still stealing shelf space from their competitors. Interesting to say the least...
You do realize that BeerWars was filmed from a pretty selective point of view correct? I wouldn't believe everything in that documentary either. I do wonder if that former Sam Adams rep is still trying to schlep her caffeine beer. Yeah nothing says a brewer cares about making great beer than someone selling a caffeine infused beer to target college binge drinkers.

Anyway, I'll give Black Crown a shot if I see it on draft at one of the Canes games or if a friend offers me a bottle. I didn't think Bud's American Ale was all that bad - just could have been more.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
morticus
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Posts: 292
Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18

You do realize that BeerWars was filmed from a pretty selective point of view correct? I wouldn't believe everything in that documentary either. I do wonder if that former Sam Adams rep is still trying to schlep her caffeine beer. Yeah nothing says a brewer cares about making great beer than someone selling a caffeine infused beer to target college binge drinkers.

Anyway, I'll give Black Crown a shot if I see it on draft at one of the Canes games or if a friend offers me a bottle. I didn't think Bud's American Ale was all that bad - just could have been more.
I think you must have missed the point of the film.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #26
Darwin18
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Posts: 5,343
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus View Post
I think you must have missed the point of the film.
No, I'm pretty sure I got the point just fine. The point was to cast BMC in an extremely poor light while portraying "craft" brewers as strong willed entrepreneurs who care about quality over quantity. It's an entertaining movie but it's just a bit biased. I would compare it to Fahrenheit 911.

Varmintman Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #27
morticus
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Posts: 292
Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18

No, I'm pretty sure I got the point just fine. The point was to cast BMC in an extremely poor light while portraying "craft" brewers as strong willed entrepreneurs who care about quality over quantity. It's an entertaining movie but it's just a bit biased. I would compare it to Fahrenheit 911.
Yes I agree it was a little biased. But having worked on both sides of the aisle it's pretty accurate.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #28
roymullins
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Lester, WA
Posts: 128
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts


I actually liked Bud Select- I say liked because I cannot find it anymore- it has been replaced by Bud Select 55 which is horrid... so light it shouldn't even be called beer- maybe just "eer"

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #29
roymullins
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Lester, WA
Posts: 128
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts


Doesn't Bud make Shock Top and/or Blue Moon?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #30
jhoneycutt
Recipes 
 
Jan 2013
Posts: 2,034
Liked 178 Times on 126 Posts


Yes bud makes shocktop. coors makes blue moon.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much is 15.5g Anheuser Busch Keg worth? aeviaanah Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 14 07-31-2012 05:23 PM
Working for Anheuser-Busch? BobTheAverage General Beer Discussion 15 05-30-2012 03:08 PM
Anheuser Busch ... JMD87 General Beer Discussion 55 07-15-2008 03:27 PM
Anheuser Busch commercials ohiobrewtus General Beer Discussion 42 01-08-2008 10:55 PM
Something good about Anheuser Busch Nate Commercial Brew Discussion 4 11-26-2006 01:49 PM


Forum Jump