Any fellow homebrewers in the Medford area? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > Any fellow homebrewers in the Medford area?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
andrhamm

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Hudson, MA, Massachusetts
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Just wondering if there are others in the Medford, MA area interested in homebrewing. I caught the bug a year ago and it has been escalating quickly... Currently waiting for a nice day to play with all my new toys (AG, baby!). Also working on building my Kal clone (theelectricbrewery.com) but won't be done for a long time. I'm lacking a grain mill and hoping to meet somebody in the area for a mutually beneficial homebrew alliance

Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
WoodlandBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Malden, MA
Liked 244 Times on 199 Posts

I'm just east of you in Malden.

Luckily, the grain mill at Beer and Wine Hobby in Woburn works fine for me, so don't feel the need for a grain mill.

andrhamm Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
dcp27
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Medford, MA
Liked 125 Times on 121 Posts

you can also use the mill at Modern Homebrew in Cambridge. even if you bulk buy your own grains, they're usually cool w using it as long as you're buying other stuff

if you're looking to meet other brewers in the area you're welcome to come to one of our club meetings: http://www.wort.org/

andrhamm Likes This 
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
WoodlandBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Malden, MA
Liked 244 Times on 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp27 View Post
you can also use the mill at Modern Homebrew in Cambridge. even if you bulk buy your own grains, they're usually cool w using it as long as you're buying other stuff

if you're looking to meet other brewers in the area you're welcome to come to one of our club meetings: http://www.wort.org/
I've been meaning the check out your home brew club. When is your next meeting? I didn't see it on your web site.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
dcp27
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Medford, MA
Liked 125 Times on 121 Posts

Nice, we're always happy to have new people check out a meeting. Next one is Feb 6th in Watertown. I just put up the details on the website.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
andrhamm

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp27
Nice, we're always happy to have new people check out a meeting. Next one is Feb 6th in Watertown. I just put up the details on the website.
Cool, I'm thinking of signing up

Old 03-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
GravyTrain77

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Very new but i'm in Everett. Trying to figure out what batch #4 is going to be

Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
andrhamm

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyTrain77
Very new but i'm in Everett. Trying to figure out what batch #4 is going to be
Do a search for raging Irish red, might be a link in my footer as I made it recently. My best batch so far! Highly recommended!

Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #9
andrhamm

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Has anybody in the area successfully gotten a hold of a details water analysis for the local water? Thought I'd try here before starting a new thread. I'm just curious how accurate the Beersmith water profile for Boston is and how close it is to the Medford/Malden/Everett area water...

Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #10
day_trippr
Recipes 

May 2011
Stow, MA
Liked 3019 Times on 2257 Posts

All of those cities/towns are on the MWRA system, and that particular set all draw from the same source...

Cheers!