I'm doing the same type of experiment currently and using a recipe similar to this recipe for zombie dust: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/3-fl...uested-245456/
. Just pulled the dry hops for my Mosaic pale ale and my citra/amarillo pale ale tonight actually.
1) I would brew whichever style of beer you like more IPA or pale ale. Pale ale might be a better choice because there is less of a chance of the single hop becoming overpowering.
2) Same suggestions for the recipe. Brew something that you like to drink but a simple recipe. Do a quick google search of your favorite IPA/pale ale.
3) I would suggest doing a first wort addition then all late additions 15 or 20 min and down then dry hop as well. I wouldn't use a 60 min addition because some hops just aren't great as bittering. If you want a 60 min addition use something like magnum that is very clean and use the same bittering hop for each batch. You'll want to keep the IBU's the same for each batch not necessarily base each recipe on a certain amount of hops. I usually dry hop for 7-14 days with 1-2 oz.
4) Depends on what you are looking for again. Citrus - Amarillo and Citra are great. Piney - Simcoe or Chinoook. If you can get a hold of them or want to spend the money, those are some of my more favorite hops.
5) Wyeast 1056 and WLP001 are go to yeast for clean american hoppy beers. I'm using WLP007 for my single hop experiment currently. It's clean but adds a bit of English character.
Best advice I can give you is to take detailed notes on your process and tasting. I'm sure everyone would like to read about your results here as well. Hope that was helpful and good luck!