Overly sensative coworkers - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Overly sensative coworkers

Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
brewsnthelou
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Saint Peters, MO
Liked 133 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
I tried to avoid that in my inital post but I could have started straight out of the gate with that argument. Considering the company is 95% women, I deal with the catiness bull everyday. I'd rather work with 10 ******** than 100 hot women any day of the week.
Amen! I'm a woman and hate working with lots of women. I'd rather work with men any day of the week. We are catty and oversensitive by nature. But we do have our good points

Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #12
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsnthelou

Amen! I'm a woman and hate working with lots of women. I'd rather work with men any day of the week. We are catty and oversensitive by nature. But we do have our good points
My wife works with all women and she shares your sentiment

Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I too, have at least one good point.
Click image for larger version

Name:	depositphotos_6578401-pointing-the-finger-.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	96512  

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCracker View Post
So I got scolded for my attitude in an email today. Long story short, this employee always insists I call our vendor to troubleshoot any issues that arise with a piece of software. Today she did the same. In short I told her I am able to do initial troubleshooting on the product before getting the vendor involved. By initial, I mean pretty much short of writing the software. So fast forward 20 minutes and I figured out the issue and sent her an email detailing what can be done on her end. My supervisor then calls me and tells me I need to watch my attitude in emails and mind my etiquette. REALLY!! Are you that Fcking sensitive that you took my initial email as ignorant and cocky. How did you get this far in life without killing someone or yourself for not being able to handle the world! ugh.. I sent the email to my fiance and she thought it was a perfectly polite email. So before I got too fired up, I checked myself and was within pansy ass lines...

To quote the all mighty Creamy.
"This too shall pass"
I can sympathize heartily.

Recently I had a situation where I was called out for not being responsive enough to requests from our head DBA. Mind you this wasn't sent directly to me. The DBA complained to her superior who in turn complained to my superior who in turn wanted to know WTF was up.

Basically what happened was there were 2 instances where she was working on an application that was still in test, not production, but test and she was having an issue with the server. The first instance she emailed me Saturday evening the weekend after Thanksgiving. The second instance she emailed me on a Sunday morning. Now, I'm a nice enough guy that even if it isn't an emergency if I see the email and I have time I'll remote in and have a look. Well, both of these times I was doing stuff with family so I let it sit till the following business day. Well, this apparently displeased her and she complained. I'm sorry, you can choose to work on Saturday night if you want to, but unless I'm scheduled to be doing something the only support you should expect from me is in the case of OMG production stuff is down!!!

It all blew over after I wrote a detailed account of it from my view, but the person in question only gets the standard amount of support from me. No going beyond and doing a favor anymore....

Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
CoalCracker

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Macungie, Pa
Liked 106 Times on 65 Posts

working in IT blows. I've done it for the past 6 years and i'm over it already. I'm second level so I don't even deal with the brunt of the whining..

Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #16
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

I'm up the chain enough that rarely if ever do I get to face an end user, thank goodness for that, but there are still some gems in our own group... The DBA in question is so ancient that my co-worker likes to joke that she came with the building (built in 1889) so needless to say she is very stuck in her ways. Most of which are bassackwards and archaic as hell.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #17
whoaru99
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Liked 140 Times on 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by estricklin View Post
Some people just have skin that is way too thin.
This is true. OTOH, I think the number of ******** is at an all time high.