Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Thermometer Hole in Fermenting Bucket?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #11
I Love DIY
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 330 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 40

You really need a thermowell....

I have this "automated" setup using an Arduino reporting to COSM I made and documented in the DIY forum, so i can keep track of my ferm temps more consistently. Check out the thread if interested, total cost is about $60-70, not counting tools like soldering iron/wire.

Its not that interesting now since both probes are just dangling in the air since I have nothing fermenting at this moment in my monitored bucket, i have another bucket going but i havent modded the lid to take the thermowell yet.

If you set them to 30 days you can see on Jan 3rd when i started my lager, and when i brought it in for a D-rest, then where it gets spikey again is where i took out the sensor and kegged to lager...never got quite as warm as i wanted but it'll have to do.

You can see even with my garage having 3-4 degree swings, it really didnt effect the beer temperature all that much.