Shorts Key Lime Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ostomo517

Reaction score
Im sure Ill catch some crap for wanting to clone this, but I think its a pretty damn good tasting beer. One of those crazy flavors yeah but still. Its probably a while before I will try it out just kinda sniffin around about what to try out in a one gallon batch. Thinkin definately a light grain bill, possibly lactose for the creamy flavor and key lime zest in secondary. Anyone got any ideas?

Yeah, got a two gallon test going put fluff in secondary and it lit off big again so wait another week then "dry hop" with graham crackers

I love shorts (going there tomorrow) but I have not been able to bring myself to try key lime pie. I've had the bloody beer and that was very good

You would be surprised on the key lime, not cloying like you might think. I did Bloody Beer and had great success with it. Its a great brewery have fun!

So what did you come up with, recipe-wise, for this one? Been thinking of doing one with a better taste.

And sorry to dig up an old post, but search led me here.

Back