My stupid brain - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My stupid brain

Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Ever since I was a small child, my brain has processed language as a series of pictures. This has gotten a little less inaccurate as I learned the meanings of many everyday English words and phrases, that doesn't mean that I dont occassionally still get a completely ridiculously inaccurate picture in my head from time to time. This is despite my mind knowing better.

I still envision, everytime someone uses the word "salary" a viscuous green celery salt syrup. Thats ever since I was 6.

Banana pepper.... shake some black pepper on this guy

Lab-coat... A coat made of black labradors. I'm an animal lover, particularly dogs, so I dont enjoy this picture at all.

Posse... A gang of opposums playing dead.

*****foot... Read my mind.

***** willow... DONT read my mind.

Succatash... Its still lima beans and corn, but you eat it with a straw.

"Bear in mind"... I start thinking about a bear.

Notwithstanding... Sitting.

Moon landing... Neil Armstrong has his pants around his ankles, and falls backwards onto the bathoom floor.

Meercat.... not a picture so much as I think "well, its not a lion. Its a mere cat" and then I chortle.

Braintree (a town in MA).... the beginning of the Nirvana video "Heart Shaped Box".... but with brains instead of fetuses (feti?)

Subliminal... Im so sorry for this one. A man on a submarine, with a name-tag that says "Al", with the branch of a tree through his abdomen.

Marionette... My aunt Marion, but shrunk down like Lily Thomlin in "the Incredible Shrinking Woman"

This is probably more access to my inner workings than you have ever wanted.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
ffaoe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Moorestown, NJ
Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

That is really interesting. What about words like:

Jellyfish
Tailgate
Caveman
Airport

Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Strangely, I see those 4 words as what they are.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

Oh heck Creamy and because of the weird way my brain works I was thinking watching cartoons must have been well great fun for you as a kid

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
ffaoe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Moorestown, NJ
Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Repost- sorry

Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #6
Bedlam

Recipes 

Dec 2006
East Tennessee
Liked 54 Times on 37 Posts

You don't want to think about what I see when I hear that something is being served with mole sauce.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5008 Times on 3380 Posts

The mole family wakes up and smells something delicious, but they can't decide what it is.

Papa mole pops his head out of the hole and takes a sniff. "Smells like PANCAKES AND SYRUP!"

Momma mole squeezes up beside him and takes a sniff. "Smells like BISCUITS AND HONEY!"

Baby mole tries to squeeze up between them but they are both blocking the hole. He squeezes and squeezes to no avail. Finally he says, "Smells like MOLASSES to me!"

Bedlam Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
broadbill
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Southern Maine
Liked 534 Times on 361 Posts

Sounds like a variation of Synesthesia.

One is particular that is really cool is the Lexical → gustatory synesthesia where certain words evoke taste sensations.

Despite all of us having the same parts, we are all wired very differently.